Heart of Midlothian 2014-

This Tziolis looks like a cracking signing on paper.

75 league games for PAOK in the last 3 and a half years (with a 15-game loan spell to Kayserispor mixed in), meaning he's been a starter for a top team in a better league than ours for a substantial amount of time.

Edited by Nightmare

26 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Ken! :lol:

I'm hoping that Tziolis will be an improvement on Kitchen, and that he'll help to shore things up a bit.

Shouldn't be too hard, Kitchen is a weak link. I've heard Tziolis hasn't played much recently but he's played for some massive clubs so brings experience which we desperately need.

33 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Ken! :lol:

I'm hoping that Tziolis will be an improvement on Kitchen, and that he'll help to shore things up a bit.

Why would a boy who hasn't been selected for the shitest Greek side that lost to The Faroes and NI twice be an improvement on a current US internationalist?  And if he is, off he pops at the end of a he season having improved his fitness and had himself in the shop window.  Makes no sense at all,

34 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

It's a faceless cast of thousands, m8.

Actually, looking at our wiki page, the squad suddenly looks massive! :lol:

Wonder if one or two might be nudged out over the next couple of days?

Nicholson and Walker.  End of the golden poppy generation ;) 

Edited by Bambino7

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

This Tziolis looks like a cracking signing on paper.

75 league games for PAOK in the last 3 and a half years (with a 15-game loan spell to Kayserispor mixed in), meaning he's been a starter for a top team in a better league than ours for a substantial amount of time.

Bambino doesn't like him, m8. :(

19 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Why would a boy who hasn't been selected for the shitest Greek side that lost to The Faroes and NI twice be an improvement on a current US internationalist?  And if he is, off he pops at the end of a he season having improved his fitness and had himself in the shop window.  Makes no sense at all,

He was also part of decent Greek teams that made it to 2 World Cups and a European Championships. Bit disingenuous to just point out he's been part of a struggling Greek team.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

He was also part of decent Greek teams that made it to 2 World Cups and a European Championships. Bit disingenuous to just point out he's been part of a struggling Greek team.

Fair point.  How did that team get on against the Nigerian side that had that humpty left back at your bit get on? I genuinely can't mind. 

5 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Fair point.  How did that team get on against the Nigerian side that had that humpty left back at your bit get on? I genuinely can't mind. 

Pretty sure they won IIRC. 3-1 rings a bell but could be wrong.

Edited. They won 2-1.

Edited by Tony Wonder

46 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

He captained Greece in a friendly in November and has 62 caps going back to 2006. He also captained PAOK in the Europa League group stages last season when they took 4 points off Borussia Dortmund. He's played in Serie A, the Bundesliga and La Liga.

Why wouldn't he be an improvement on a guy who has a handful of friendly caps for a US side which recently lost 4-0 to Costa Rica?

28 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Bambino has been getting some mileage out of this "Oshaniwa was bad therefore international players are bad" patter recently. Fair play.

He's floundering badly in his attempts to put a negative spin on the Tziolis signing. He's quite rightly rattled.

Quite liked the cut of Cathro's jib initially but I'm starting to find his pre and post game interviews increasingly painstaking affairs littered with phrases like "I thought we were okay in the game" and inane talk about "situations".

Was such a big turnover in players always expected this month? It would be tall order for even the most experienced managers to assimilate this number of new faces into a squad half way through the season, irrespective of the fact some of them look like decent enough players.