Heart of Midlothian 2014-

What is all this stuff about Hearts fans defending the decision? The reaction has been, rightly, overwhelmingly negative from what I've seen.

I can't see this being a success at all. He was a good manager for us and Dundee United before but the circumstances surrounding this will make it a joke appointment and I'm struggling to imagine the players responding well to it.

A shite season awaits. The silver lining is that if he does a poor job it'll make it very difficult for him to step back into the DoF role and promote Daly/whoever next year. Then we might actually get a proper change.

Makes sense, he's a w*nk but certainly more than proven in this league. If you were to appoint another disaster then you would have to pay him and Levein off, this way if it doesnt work out you are just punting him and you no longer have the DoF role.

Edited by gannonball

32 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I can only assume that the reasons that it's Levein after 4 fucking weeks are that interested candidates weren't deemed up to it, and preferred candidates weren't interested.

Over to you, Craig, and, if he doesn't get results, he has to go. 

Wrong

Other candidates other that his buddies Presley, Hartley and Houston , wouldn't have taken the job as long as Levein remained DOF.

It's a total cop out by the board and a total lack of ambition  by appointing such a negatively minded manager with a shit track record 

Levein could have had the manager's job three years ago, which is what Budge wanted initially, and he would have appointed Daly the day after Cathro was punted if it had been up to him. He wants influence but only from a cushy background job.

He'll have been talked into it on the basis that he'll have an ego-stroking job description and he'll get to step back in the summer. If the season goes very badly then that'll be very difficult.

1 hour ago, SaintDougie said:

I mean come on, this is like something you would read about Robert Mugabe or some weird Leader of a communist mirco state doing.

A new gaffer and a wee drop white genocide too? What a time to be alive, lads.

thf.png thf.png thf.png thf.png

The anti-Hearts posters on here have been hilarious in their attempts to find different ways to criticise this.

I have no idea if this will work or not but it's pretty brave imo.  If it doesn't work there will be absolutely nowhere for Levein to hide, he's experienced enough to know this.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Always believed that awbody doon at the pink bus shelter gave self-important anal retentives a bad name, but now I realise that under that whining, greetin faded maroon exterior was a crusty the clown just waiting to jump oot and spray everybody with its plastic flower lapel badge.

Hilarious. Well done the Jambos on their Fringe comedy show. :thumsup2