Heart of Midlothian 2014-

On 30/08/2017 at 21:59, Elixir said:

Walker is an impostor. It'll be hilarious when it dawns on Rangers fans that we're the ones laughing, having done them again like we did with Templeton, Holt and Wilson. warnock.png

Thank fcuk that Anne refused to budge then.

With the amount of fans through their gate why can't sevco afford £1m for a player? I take it they are up to their knees in debt from escaping the lower leagues?

Walker is a good player at this level but wouldn't get higher than the likes of Rotherham if he went down south. What sort of compensation are we likely to get if he sees his contract out? He's probably not worth much more than £600k. 

With the amount of fans through their gate why can't sevco afford £1m for a player? I take it they are up to their knees in debt from escaping the lower leagues?

Walker is a good player at this level but wouldn't get higher than the likes of Rotherham if he went down south. What sort of compensation are we likely to get if he sees his contract out? He's probably not worth much more than £600k. 

I don't think you'll be due any compensation, does it not end the season after they turn 23, as in he turned 24 before the first league game, so he is now beyond the compensation age (seems a bit odd, when you write it down)

They've not made a profit since they lurched into existence, a culminative loss of something over £20m I think. Exist solely on loans and share issues, with season ticket sales paying for the squad.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think you'll be due any compensation, does it not end the season after they turn 23, as in he turned 24 before the first league game, so he is now beyond the compensation age (seems a bit odd, when you write it down)

They've not made a profit since they lurched into existence, a culminative loss of something over £20m I think. Exist solely on loans and share issues, with season ticket sales paying for the squad.

I don't think we could afford to let Walker go with the lack of midfield creativity we have right now, recruitment has been a shambles. £600k while in his final year would have been a good deal for the club to reinvest but i'm guessing sevco wanted to stagger the payments over 5 years or something. 

2 hours ago, Dubford don said:

Well done hearts,would any chairman trust these new **** I know if it was me it would be money up front or no deal.

We were in a similar situation with McKay, take the money or see him sign a pre contract in a few months...

Not really that fussed if we sign him or not, can't see him improving our team.

12 hours ago, bennett said:

We were in a similar situation with McKay, take the money or see him sign a pre contract in a few months...

Not really that fussed if we sign him or not, can't see him improving our team.

He'll certainly improve our team once he fucks off.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-davies-rangers-vicious-smear-11137750

Billy Davies accusing everyone of a smear campaign against him, before outing himself as a total bellend by wanting several coaches bagged at Hearts before he'd consider the job and Jon Daly papped back to the U20, 'where he belongs'.

What a horrible, angry wee man. Seems he's done himself more harm than good here.

Also, goes on to say that Hearts, Dundee Utd and St. Mirren jobs are 'beneath him', a full sentence after saying he'd be Hearts boss if Levein had caved to his demands.

Don't know about the Jambos but thank f**k we ended up with Jack Ross instead of that wee horrible ball of attitude.

Edited by djchapsticks

He is. At Nottingham Forest he had a notebook with every sentence any journalist had said to him, and if he "proved them wrong" he'd have a rant at them and tell them exactly what they said.