Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Told ya. :whistle 
We can't get anyone in until players leave - there are players who could be paid off, but there's no cash for that. due to the costs of the new stand, etc.
The easiest players to shift could be Djoum and Walker since they're planning to bolt in the summer - let them go in January, and sign two capable central midfielders.

Of course shifting them would then create even more gaps to fill

Basically we’ve blown the midfielder money on concrete and steel

Ach well

We’ve been through poor seasons before and survived

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Of course shifting them would then create even more gaps to fill

Basically we’ve blown the midfielder money on concrete and steel

Ach well

We’ve been through poor seasons before and survived

Are Walker and Djoum contributing that much these days, though?

(I ken Arnold is injured the now, obvs - Walker could now be out for a wee while now if he's done his hammy)

Are Walker and Djoum contributing that much these days, though?
(I ken Arnold is injured the now, obvs - Walker could now be out for a wee while now if he's done his hammy)

That’s part of the problem. With everyone fit we could field a decent, not great but decent, midfield but we’re currently so short of cover we’re chucking schoolchildren onto the park

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That’s part of the problem. With everyone fit we could field a decent, not great but decent, midfield but we’re currently so short of cover we’re chucking schoolchildren onto the park

True -  it's enough to make you pine for Don Cowie.

Who knows how accurate the following description is, but the radio Scotland commentary today said that, when Walker got injured, Levein and McPhee turned round to look at the options on the bench, and, with Connor Randall sitting there, they seemed to conclude that 'f**k me - we've got nothing'. 

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

True -  it's enough to make you pine for Don Cowie.

Who knows how accurate the following description is, but the radio Scotland commentary today said that, when Walker got injured, Levein and McPhee turned round to look at the options on the bench, and, with Connor Randall sitting there, they seemed to conclude that 'f**k me - we've got nothing'. 

Sounds like the Hearts version of the Derek Riordan / Gordon Strachan Only an Excuse skit (probably their last good one).

5 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Looks like Csaba László is getting the job at us, what’s he like?? Style of football etc pls??

He always said you can't play modern football with any more than one striker - sometimes the lone striker role would be played by a centre-half, if I mind right.

I think his hands were tied a wee bit in terms of not being able to sign the players he wanted to - I'm sure we had Steven MacLean on an extended trial when we were desperate for a striker, but we didn't sign him - possibly due to injury concerns.  I'm sure he'd also lined up a tasty Eastern European defender in one of his transfer windows, but that came to f**k-all anaw.

Brown shoes don't make it. 

A slavering c**t, much like myself.