Heart of Midlothian 2014-

40 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Craig Levein leaving Michael Stewart in a broken sobbing pile here:

TaTik4f.jpg

warnock.png

What a dildo Levein has made himself out in that article, instead of focussing on Stewart's value for money contribution, he should have been looking at his recruitment failings as he basically admitted in the article that he signed Stewart on the word of an ex- player, rather than him being manager of Hearts at the time having a look at the guys capabilities as a player before offering a contract.

His role in this is damning evidence that the guy just wings it playing a manager, his record at Leicester, Hearts & Dundee Utd is nothing to be proud of, in fact the most damning evidence is once he left Dundee Utd they won silverware under his trusted lieutenant P Houston, I respected big avril as a player, an intelligent & elegant player who reminded me of Alan Hansen but as a manager he has too many deficiencies to merit any respect, and his arrogant manner even attracts negative ripostes from fans of other clubs.

This article just highlights the man's personal failing's,  by making public his opinion of a player he signed, his professionalism is severely questionable with this personal attack against Stewart.

That's some pretty good shit from Levein right there. :lol:

edit: was listening to Sportsound in the car on the way back from the Ross County game - the criticism from Stewart and Alan Preston was way over the top.

I'm not saying Levein doesn't merit criticism, btw - he clearly does.

Edited by paranoid android

I've just seen my email from the Foundation of Hearts

Dear Topcat

Ballot for election of new director, 2017

Following the call for candidates to stand for election, we are now ready to conduct a ballot to elect a director of the Foundation.

Two candidates are standing. In alphabetical order, they are:

• Russell Baird
  • Barry McGonagle

We are grateful to Russell for coming forward and to Barry, who has been a director since 2014 and is re-standing.  

Anybody know anything about either of these two

I'm leaning towards reelecting the incumbent on the basis that nothing seems to have gone sufficiently wrong with the foundations finances on his watch for me to recognise his name.

22 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Looks like we can add casual racism to the banner for the next derby then.

5a245085a4314_ScreenShot2017-12-03at19_28_45.thumb.png.3d3d3d787befc585bdf515909f75c73e.png

(I've always thought this was a slightly weird thing for an official club account to send out as a tweet...)

Our Twitter has always been cringeworthy as f**k, but that's Twitter in a nutshell.

The game that night, though. neville.png

yLIQuIV.png
' It is personal and he is just making a fool of himself. I don’t particularly like him and I hear he doesn’t like me. But somebody drew my attention to what he [Stewart] was saying after the game on Saturday, when we played well and had all those chances, and it got to the point where I thought, "listen, if he can’t accept that and is still trying to pick holes in it, for me, it comes back to the BBC allowing him to do that". '

' I can take criticism if it’s fair and it’s based on something other than a grudge, but he’s going to self-combust one day! '

' I’m actually not that bothered about Michael Stewart or what he says but I am annoyed at the BBC. For him to admit that he has an agenda and for them to still allow him that platform, for me, that is a nonsense. He is trying to whip up fans and as I say it is the BBC... they have allowed him that opportunity but I have had a conversation so we will see what happens. '

' All I can say about Michael is that his agent at the time was George Wright, who used to play here (for Hearts). We didn't have any money at the time but George said that Man United would cover his salary... But we had to put something on the contract, so it was £1 a week and, without doubt, it was the worst value for money I have ever had from any player, and that is a fact. '

jbmiGBh.png
' I can understand the pressure Craig is under but I am not going to respond to what he’s said, much of which is ironically extremely personal and very surprising to see it come from someone who holds such an important position within a prestigious club like Hearts. It also does not merit any kind of response in any case. My job is to say what I see and I will continue to do that without fear or favour. I sincerely hope Craig can turn things round at Hearts, but it’s certainly a very big job. '

Edited by Mon Dieu