Heart of Midlothian 2014-

2 hours ago, d31 said:

Does this scatter gun signing approach not sort of suggest Levein was more than involved in the previous scatter gun approach.

That's the worry. He can't really say all the previous signings were nothing to do with him. And if they weren't, they should have been.

We'll need to look like a better team by about 15 games in or I suspect he'll be thanked for his service.

On 15/06/2018 at 23:02, Billy Jean King said:

St Mirren are an utterly vile club who hopefully die in comedy fashion.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

That's the worry. He can't really say all the previous signings were nothing to do with him. And if they weren't, they should have been.

We'll need to look like a better team by about 15 games in or I suspect he'll be thanked for his service.

This is it fir me - if these signings don't work out, it has to be gardening leave for Levein - no hiding place anymore, imo.

If he pleads lacks of funds due the cost of the stand or whatever, he could have hedged his bets a bit with some players who've been over the course before instead of taking punts on pig-in-a-poke players from other leagues or players who've been decent but are just ancient - there's also the small matter of the cost of paying off contracts for dud after dud.

I quite like Levein, but someone has to carry the can for a succession of iffy signings - as Director of Football, it has to be him.

Maybe that's why he's keeping John Murray in the fold - one last scapegoat to offer as a meat sacrifice before the main course is ready - nom. 

Edited by paranoid android

6 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

Being total srs for a second, do hearts fans hate st.mirren because of that day and the ‘allegations’ that the Maureens lay down to Celtic?

Being totally serious I don't really have a problem with St. Mirren or their supporters..   

Frank McGarvey the St. Mirren player that celebrated with the Celtic players/supporters  at the end of the game, that's a different matter.

Milinkovic coming back is tremendous.

hughes signing a years deal is meh, not the worst as long as he's backup though.

The Austrian boy we'll see, he is coming from a mediocre standard, but we've apparently only got him for nowt due to a non-promotion release clause otherwise they were ater a decent wedge for him.  He'll start as cover for Souttar and Berra anyway.

11 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Milinkovic coming back is tremendous.

hughes signing a years deal is meh, not the worst as long as he's backup though.

The Austrian boy we'll see, he is coming from a mediocre standard, but we've apparently only got him for nowt due to a non-promotion release clause otherwise they were ater a decent wedge for him.  He'll start as cover for Souttar and Berra anyway.

Best thing about this is if it's done before the pre-season begins, we'll have a fully fit, firing Milinkovic with a pre-season under his belt.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

20 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Being totally serious I don't really have a problem with St. Mirren or their supporters..   

Frank McGarvey the St. Mirren player that celebrated with the Celtic players/supporters  at the end of the game, that's a different matter.

We hate the old firm our fans refuse to go to their stadiums in numbers. Agree regarding McGarvey. 

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

We hate the old firm our fans refuse to go to their stadiums in numbers. Agree regarding McGarvey. 

If refusing to attend their grounds is a measure I assume you hate every other team in Scotland?

21 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Your club doesn't hate them. Didn't you lot erect a temporary Celtic shop at your ground? 

Edited by Raphael

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

If refusing to attend their grounds is a measure I assume you hate every other team in Scotland?

Can't believe you thought youd getting away with posting that DZ although tbf their support at ER at the end of the season before last one of the best of the season.