Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Pre season Levein said “if I get 20 games out of Steven (MacLean) I will be happy.”

With injuries to Naismith & Uche combined with Lafferty’s departure, Vanavek’s delay in arriving and Wighton’s failure to impress Maclean has racked up 18 appearances in the League and another 6 in the wee Cup.

I have genuine fear Davey Vanecek is going to be murder. As JT says, the drawn out transfers have been shite of late.
Anyone know when Uche is due to return and we can win the league again?

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

I have genuine fear Davey Vanecek is going to be murder. As JT says, the drawn out transfers have been shite of late.
Anyone know when Uche is due to return and we can win the league again?

14th February apparently.

Hearts are very nicely placed at the moment.

For all that the last couple of months have been a catastrophe, we're only 6 points off the top of the league at the winter break, which I think we'd all have bitten your hand off for at the start of the season. We've got players coming back to fitness, have signed a new striker, and we have five of our first seven league games after the break at home.

People seem to have written us off this season, but I think that's premature.

5 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Hearts are very nicely placed at the moment.

For all that the last couple of months have been a catastrophe, we're only 6 points off the top of the league at the winter break, which I think we'd all have bitten your hand off for at the start of the season. We've got players coming back to fitness, have signed a new striker, and we have five of our first seven league games after the break at home.

People seem to have written us off this season, but I think that's premature.

I still think there’s some business to be done. Apart from the Saughnessy boy from Leeds, that is. Suspect that Leveins claim that we’re not looking at doing much business was a ruse. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Have to forgive my ignorance, but whats the craic with Vanacek. Seen his name for a while now obviously, is there genuine excitement about this boy or was it a transfer window f**k up that led to his late arrival?

He's very, very keen. Constantly all over social media with Hearts stuff. I'd imagine Teplice were less than chuffed about that, but there you go.

His contract with Teplice has just finished, which is why we're signing him now. They weren't keen to let him go in the summer so we've had to wait. Not sure why his contract expired in January.

His goals ratio is decent enough, but who knows, really?

He's so unbelievably keen and we've been waiting for him for so long that the hype has built a bit meaning I'm now convinced he'll be utterly shite.

Dunne loan officially over, looks like Shaugnessy in.  Gutted to see Jimmy go, took the club really well and was a very good player hopefully he does well for himself.  Good luck to Conor, seems to be of a half decent standard.

Vanecek will do well I reckon, there's always the fear he's a dud but he's been scoring goals in a league that's a comparable standard if not better.  Looks a unit as well.

Big Van the Man in, this Leeds boy, plus maybe Adam and a winger? I know Walker can't sign and I hope it stays that way in the summer too, but I'd happily take Milinkovic back till the end of the season. It'd be surprising if Levein wanted him back, though, seeing as we offered him a deal and he thought the grass was greener. Can't really blame him as he did get a Championship gig, which then just didn't work out.

Although only being six behind the Old Firm is reasonable at this stage, even if we'd picked up another couple of wins during our shan run, with them now opening their wallets it's going to end up with a battle for third spot. Hopefully we can actually get a solid run in the Scottish Cup, and with a fully fit squad due back after the break, who knows?

Ryan Edwards has returned to Hearts, judging by some of the tweets by Hearts fans that oldfirmfacts screenshotted he's not a popular player down Gorgie way

Suppose we’ll wait and see what we get. Hopefully he’s fitter now and can offer something.
On a similar note, Bobby Burns has returned from Livi.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Ryan Edwards has returned to Hearts, judging by some of the tweets by Hearts fans that oldfirmfacts screenshotted he's not a popular player down Gorgie way

A lot of fans have a huge grudge already because he applauded Adam Hammill goal against us. Bear in mind, he was his team mate at the time.

That, and one fan in particular on Facebook thinks he's 'shite' because he played for Partick Thistle.

21 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

A lot of fans have a huge grudge already because he applauded Adam Hammill goal against us. Bear in mind, he was his team mate at the time.

That, and one fan in particular on Facebook thinks he's 'shite' because he played for Partick Thistle.

tbf even Bobby Zlamal should have applauded that goal