Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I for one could never see this coming. He may still turn things around but you need the players onside and if your man management skills are akin to a mad German scientist then it will be more difficult. 
I Still think Hearts will avoid the bottom 2 places but whether that suggest Stengel is the man for the future is another matter. 
I don’t know how you do it but I would not let Budge near another appointment.  There is NO way Robinson would not have done a better job by now. 

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I don’t know how you do it but I would not let Budge near another appointment.  There is NO way Robinson would not have done a better job by now. 

I am no Hearts fan but I think we all know why Robinson wasnt quoted for the job...................

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

I am no Hearts fan but I think we all know why Robinson wasnt quoted for the job...................

Innocent until proven guilty....

Whatever the outcome I am glad that he stayed.  

Ross is a good appointment for Hibs but Hearts appointments are random to say the least. 

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Innocent until proven guilty....

Whatever the outcome I am glad that he stayed.  

Ross is a good appointment for Hibs but Hearts appointments are random to say the least. 

Of course, but with that hanging over him he was never in with a chance of interview / appointment.

Makes Alan Burrows "I cant understand why neither Hibs or Hearts came in for him" comments at the time all the more strange??

On 17/02/2020 at 04:29, Green Day said:

Ah, the 5-1 comfort blanket is out again.

Yes, yes it is. And what a comfort blanket it is.

I remember before that cup final saying that I didn't care what happened to us after, if we never won another game or ended up playing in the amateur leagues, as long as we won that game.

We did :)

Edited by JTS98

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

Hearts appointments are random to say the least. 

Since administration:

Neilson - highly regarded by Levein

Cathro - highly regarded by Levein

Levein - very highly regarded by Levein

Stendel - appointed after an interview process and well regarded for his work at Barnsley.

But aye, RANDOM.

There is also a small fact that the 'dressing room split' story comes with no quotes and there's another in the Record saying the exact opposite and 'sources' praising Stendel's style, so I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. 

Half The Sun article also uses an example of Stendel tinkering as a bad thing when his changes were entirely reasonable after the Hamilton red card and led to us coming back from 2 down.  No doubt there are some players who aren't involved that aren't happy, tough shit to be perfectly honest, play better.  But the only way to make these stories go away is to win a few games and then no one cares if a squad player isn't particularly pleased.

16 minutes ago, Dele said:

Stendel was appointed before Robinson committed the alleged offence. 

Yes, sorry I think I worded it wrongly.

I was questioning why (after Stendel appointed and well after the alleged offence which was Dec 13th) was Burrows even talking up his manager in this way.

I would have thought that keeping the gob shut until after any trial would have been sensible..............unless, of course Burrows didnt actually know about the allegation in early Jan??

Whatever, I agree with the Well poster above that Robinson would probably have made a better fist of the hearts job - no pun intended.

48 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

There is also a small fact that the 'dressing room split' story comes with no quotes and there's another in the Record saying the exact opposite and 'sources' praising Stendel's style, so I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. 

Half The Sun article also uses an example of Stendel tinkering as a bad thing when his changes were entirely reasonable after the Hamilton red card and led to us coming back from 2 down.  No doubt there are some players who aren't involved that aren't happy, tough shit to be perfectly honest, play better.  But the only way to make these stories go away is to win a few games and then no one cares if a squad player isn't particularly pleased.

These pishy stories always surface when a team is doing poorly.

Plus, its the Sun who are serial liars and scum.

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

These pishy stories always surface when a team is doing poorly.

Plus, its the Sun who are serial liars and scum.

This. The paper that told lies about dead football fans and hacked a dead girl's phone.

Fck the Sun.

The Sun says there's disharmony in the dressing room, and the Record says there isnae - they're both despicable rags, so f**k the pair of them.

If any Hearts players are currently feeling sorry for themselves, then f**k them too - they're at least partly responsible for where we are the moment, even if Levein signed  most of them, and Budge signed off on them.

Stendel may turn out to be a poor appointment,  but I think it's understandable that he'd expect defenders to be able to defend basic situations, and goalkeepers to save saveable shots.

On Saturday, we saw Hamilton Accies players fighting for their lives - if any of our players have anything about them, they'll have to start showing some fight instead of feeling sorry for themselves - I'm struggling to have any sympathy for most of them at the moment.