Premier League 2014/15

banana

I find the whole thing bizarre.

A salary cap I get. If everyone can spend say £50 million max on wages then it's a competition to see who can do the best with the same resources.

If you wish to spend over that you need to repay the difference back to the league to be redistributed to the other teams in the league, as in baseball.

FFP is a bad joke. Keep the rich rich and make sure the upstarts know their place. It's wrong to buy the league... unless Man Utd

do it.

The difference in Man Utds case is that from a purely business point if view, they can afford to do it due to their huge revenue. where a club like Chelsea or Man City can afford to do it because they have a wealthy owner investing their own money.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference in Man Utds case is that from a purely business point if view, they can afford to do it due to their huge revenue. where a club like Chelsea or Man City can afford to do it because they have a wealthy owner investing their own money.

With the end result the same, no? i.e. the wealthy dominate while everyone else are also-rans.

Funny how Man United fans are happy to dismiss thousands of Asian fans at old Trafford but are happy to accept their millions from far away...

Do you know how many "tourists" attend Old Trafford every home game?

There is a reason they limit season ticket sales.

The money that is spent by "tourists" is fucking enormous. Go work it out for youself. If every fan spent an average of £20 on a programme, a beer,a pie or a tee shirt out of the megastore. Big clubs depend on tourists these days.

So what ?

What difference does it make if i as a rich owner wish to plough 500 million in or i convince 500,000 parents in countries far afield to invest £40 in man utd top ?

Lets not bother playing the games and just award the title to the club with most worldwide TV viewers.

Can't have the natural order of things changed by these pesky smaller clubs looking to have the cheek to win trophies! That's not for the likes of Man City

Heard a lot of "real" Man United fans dismiss them (the tourists) as not "real" fans themselves and that they have no place at Old Trafford or away games for that matter. Just always found it strange that their revenue is a big part of what makes them so financially competitive but they don't want them amongst their support.

Heard a lot of "real" Man United fans dismiss them (the tourists) as not "real" fans themselves and that they have no place at Old Trafford or away games for that matter. Just always found it strange that their revenue is a big part of what makes them so financially competitive but they don't want them amongst their support.

They do but they dismiss all 'tourists', not just Asians. Carrying a Megastore carrier bag into a game or buying a half and half scarf are the main give away's of the day trippers. All clubs have the 'real' supporter types though eg unless you were at Berwick on a rainy Tuesday night in about 1987 you apparently aren't a 'real' Saints supporter.

I'm talking about Man United fans from Manchester.

You're talking guff. I've had season tickets previously and never once heard that in or around Old Trafford. Fans are actually proud that their fanbase is all over the world.

Archived