Premier League 2014/15

banana

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What always gets me are the commentary quotes like, "only in the Premiership", or "you wouldn't find drama like this anywhere else" as if late goals and high scoring matches are only available in the Premiership.

According to commentators this week it's the best league in the world because... Late goals.

I heard it was because "its the only league in the World where the bottom clubs can beat the top clubs on any given day". Or words to that effect.

Standard media drivel.

Left footed with reasonable pace = 'The new Ryan Giggs'.

f**k right off!

At a more advanced stage in his career than Giggs was at his age. Can definitely see him becoming a better player, and hopefully less of a horrible person.

The top 10 in La Liga are probably just as good as the top 10 in England. But the bottom half of the Premier League is much better than in La Liga.

To be honest I haven't seen much of La Liga the last couple of seasons but I do know that there is a ridiculous amount of dross in the EPL. Are the poorer teams in La Liga really as bad as QPR, Burnley etc?

Of course not. But it's an unprovable hypothesis that's a nice distraction to the fact that three La Liga teams are significantly better than anything the EPL can offer.

In the Europa League, in the CL, there is one dominant party. And it isn't the EPL.

To be honest I haven't seen much of La Liga the last couple of seasons but I do know that there is a ridiculous amount of dross in the EPL. Are the poorer teams in La Liga really as bad as QPR, Burnley etc?

Supras obviously doesn't watch much La Liga either as they definitely are. The likes of Cordoba, Almeria, Getafe, Deportivo etc would get comfortably beaten by Leicester, Palace, WBA etc in general. I'd even back QPR and Burnley over those teams tbh.

Redknapp is losing the plot.. Having arguments via the tabloids about Adel Taarabt calling him overweight etc.

Taarabt then responds in a paper with a picture showing off his stomach.

To which Redknapp replied 'even I could suck my stomach in and look Ok' :lol:

I liked him when he was at Spurs but getting sacked from there coupled with not getting the England job has ruined him.

Redknapp is losing the plot.. Having arguments via the tabloids about Adel Taarabt calling him overweight etc.

I liked him when he was at Spurs but getting sacked from there coupled with not getting the England job has ruined him.

Candidate for the Heads Gone thread?

He's working his ticket from QPR just now - I'm not sure he can really last much longer. He lucked out last season, jammying through the play-offs after an utter failure of a season.

Archived