Best pizza toppings

Tell me right fucking now where you can get that absolute beauty.

So glad I'm going to Fratellis for dinner. Been craving pizza since the creation of this thread.

Oh my fucking days. As if haggis pizza wasn't good enough, somebody has curried it and enveloped it in pizza dough?

Where? Tell me!

Maybe a bit far to travel for both of you, but numbers 164 & 164 A

• 2 weeks later...

Had a pizza in Australia made with eggs on top. I ordered it, thinking it would be a bit of a gimmick and something new and weird to try, but the other folk I was with (all Australians) didn't understand why I thought that was weird.

It did not taste good.

I had a Banana pizza in Brazil once. We were stuck in a small town in Brazil during a storm late one night, a few hours outside of Rio and the pizza place was the only place open. Pizza was available by the slice so we went through each one they had, lots of very meaty ones. Highlight was the banana 'pudding pizza' though. It was made with cheese cake style cheese, a normal pizza base, no tomato and banana with cinnamon on top.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this for a Glasgow recommendation. Place opened not long ago in Merchant City called Paessano. Does traditional Napoliteon style pizza from an actual woodfire. Is pretty cheap and one of the best pizzas I've had lately.

Was in some supermarket a while back, might have been Morrissons in the Nock and a lassie was putting their in house pizzas together. She was putting fucking crisps* on it. What is that all about?

*fritos or tortilla chips by the looks of 'hings

I don't know about on a pizza but smashed up crisps go well on a pasta bake. it gives it that crunchy topping.

Could work on a pizza if your into that kind of thing.

I had a pizza with smashed dorretos it was ok nowt special, chicken and pepperoni is still best

I'm sure it's been covered already, but anyone who says pineapple should be executed.

Oddly enough I was coming onto this thread to see what the thoughts were on this. I used to work in a Pizza Hut in Aberdeen for some extra cash a few years ago and someone had ordered but never collected a pizza with pepperoni and pineapple on it. Tried it and it was delicious. Definitely recommend it.

Calabrese from Pizza Express is the one for me....

Calabrese

Our iconic rectangular pizza is inspired by the food of Calabria

Fiery, soft 'nduja sausage and spicy Calabrese sausage D.O.P with fresh red chillies, roquito peppers, roasted red & yellow peppers, mozzarella and tomato, finished with light mozzarella, rocket, pesto and Gran Milano cheese

pizza1.jpg