Money in the bank 2014

gingapar

An early start for this one. Following Steph's announcement, which would better, Bryan making it for a title defence or the ladder match for the title?

The idea of a stretcher match is nauseating considering how much it's already been used in the silly Bryan v Kane storyline so I hope he doesn't make it. The ladder match for the title could be epic, although having Del Rio in there is a terrible start. It does also make the idea of mitb a bit redundant. I could see it work if they run the story so that Bryan swaps the belts for the briefcase, this also builds him for an explosive return to action.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alberto Del Rio has had a couple of magnificent showings in ladder matches, including a near classic with permamidcarder Christian. So his inclusion is fine by me, and he's probably in there as a reliable hand.

Would prefer to see the championship hanging over the ring, Bryan vs Kane is baws. Would be interesting if 2 people go for the title at once and come away with the two individual belts.

Shout! get rollins, ambrose, reigns and orton in there, Rollins at the top, cleaned out by orton, both men down and out, ambrose and reigns climb and take a belt each, reforming their alliance and leaving Rollins feuding with orton as HHH tries to control them. Then a fatal 4 way to reunite the titles at summerslam.

Don't think it will be for the titles. Del Rio, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Orton & Cesaro. Reigns about to win, HHH costs him the match. Cesaro takes home the briefcase. Cashing in on Brock Lesnar at Summerslam after he beats Daniel Bryan. Also Reigns vs HHH at Summerslam.

Wyatt and Cena are surely not done yet. RVD was good in it last year but he is clearly well off the pace this year. Wouldn't like to see him in it.

Still a bit gutted that Ziggler won't be in it, was really wanting to see him Zig-Zag someone off the ladder.

Money in the Bank is about what the WWE decide it's about. Nothing else. And it does look like Cena and Bray are done for now. I'd imagine both would be in a title ladder match though.

Certainly if the ladder match is for the title, it SHOULD be guys like Cena and Orton in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Having the ladder match for the title is a good idea. Does this mean there is no briefcase match?

It's something they're considering. I hope there is, especially since it's going to be midcard heaven. A bunch of midcarders busting their ass off to steal the show. It's a tried and tested formula at this particular PPV, and they usually DO steal the show.

It's something they're considering. I hope there is, especially since it's going to be midcard heaven. A bunch of midcarders busting their ass off to steal the show. It's a tried and tested formula at this particular PPV, and they usually DO steal the show.

I'm hopeful for that too. Plenty of guys they can throw in there and make one look like a star hopefully when he picks up the briefcase.

Archived