Hibernian 2014/2015 season thread.

Hibs fans turning their noses up at Ian Murray for a "lack of experience" are ridiculous. I thought relegation would've given you all a reality check but it seems not. Ian Murray has led a part time team to fifth in his full season in charge in the league you have just been relegated to. That some Hibs fans think they are above the most overachieving manager in the Championship when they themselves are a Championship side is delusional and arrogant.

Stuart McCall is in no way comparable to either Butcher or Dempster, so I'd be very surprised if he'd even consider the move. Dempster is in a job which is not directly connected to football, so relegation is not as major a factor. Butcher left a smaller club than Motherwell when Hibs were midtable. Motherwell are playing in Europe next year and Hibs are in the Championship.

EDIT: All of this is really obvious but I feel the need to post it given the nonsense I've read over the last few pages.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Hibs fans come across as idiots. Murray is the ideal candidate; knows the league and the club. He wil get a couple of years in the Championship to get to terms with the job in a league he is comfortable with before moving up and at that time he will have matured even more and be more than ready.

The only way SM would go is if he had some sort of stroke and his brain stopped functioning.

Wish Butcher had created this "impregnable fortress" so it meant I couldn't bloody get in to the Partick Thistle and Killie games!

Managerial charlatan who thankfully is finished in Scottish football.

Unfortunately I think he won't be. He'll jump on that neverending merry go round of the media's favourite managers and land a decent job somewhere in Scotland if we wants to wait a bit.

Also, Malmo and James Collins were both on his watch. Both far worse than anything Butcher achieved (or indeed failed to achieve). Let's not get all revisionist, Pat Fenlon had lost the plot completely.

So getting papped in Europe and singing a player are worse than relegation?

Right you are.

Also, Malmo and James Collins were both on his watch. Both far worse than anything Butcher achieved (or indeed failed to achieve). Let's not get all revisionist, Pat Fenlon had lost the plot completely.

LOL WUT. Butcher took a team fighting for the top 6 to relegation. It was unthinkable what he achieved, he fully deserved the sack. He did a worse job than both of Morton's managers this season.

Hibs fans turning their noses up at Ian Murray for a "lack of experience" are ridiculous. I thought relegation would've given you all a reality check but it seems not. Ian Murray has led a part time team to fifth in his full season in charge in the league you have just been relegated to. That some Hibs fans think they are above the most overachieving manager in the Championship when they themselves are a Championship side is delusional and arrogant.

Stuart McCall is in no way comparable to either Butcher or Dempster, so I'd be very surprised if he'd even consider the move. Dempster is in a job which is not directly connected to football, so relegation is not as major a factor. Butcher left a smaller club than Motherwell when Hibs were midtable. Motherwell are playing in Europe next year and Hibs are in the Championship.

EDIT: All of this is really obvious but I feel the need to post it given the nonsense I've read over the last few pages.

I for one don't think we're "above" Ian Murray. There is one very specific problem to Hibs over the last say while and that has been people succesfully gaining admiration from our fans for being reel chayruccters / top lads / one of our own, instead of for dedicating their lifestyles to being professional athletes who win things. I think Ian Murray absolutely typifies that more than anyone I've watched at Hibs and the thought of him nurturing a (hopefully) pretty young squad is a slight concern.

Now it's very possible that the 33 year old Murray is a more well rounded, forward thinking guy than the 31 who stamped around in XL shorts two footing people and getting standing ovations for it. Would keep an open minded to his appointment of course - just not an ideal candidate for me personally.

The last few pages has one Hibs fan saying it sounds good but their preference would be a more experienced manger and quite a few saying they'd like Murray. Not quite the opportunity you wanted to rant about Hibs fans' "delusion and arrogance" but well done for just posting it anyway.

I for one don't think we're "above" Ian Murray. There is one very specific problem to Hibs over the last say while and that has been people succesfully gaining admiration from our fans for being reel chayruccters / top lads / one of our own, instead of for dedicating their lifestyles to being professional athletes who win things. I think Ian Murray absolutely typifies that more than anyone I've watched at Hibs and the thought of him nurturing a (hopefully) pretty young squad is a slight concern.

Now it's very possible that the 33 year old Murray is a more well rounded, forward thinking guy than the 31 who stamped around in XL shorts two footing people and getting standing ovations for it. Would keep an open minded to his appointment of course - just not an ideal candidate for me personally.

One of the first things Murray did at Dumbarton was to sort out the fitness coaching and he's treated it as close to a full time set up as is possible as far as I can see. He comes across well any time he's interviewed (so did Pressley to some extent but you get my point, he's not a dribbling moron). Dumbarton's key players in the second half of last season as far as I'm aware have been McGinn (young, good on the ball), Turner (classy midfielder) and Kane (young striker on loan from St Johnstone). He used guys like Colin Nish as well but they've impressed me in their style as much as their organisation any time I've seen them since Murray went there.

And suggesting the manager who finished second in the Premiership and dismissing the best performing manager in the Championship while you're a Championship club is arrogance %10000. Sometimes people just want to talk about football. There's no agenda.

Michael Stewart always seems to come across well on Sportsound, his suggestion of an Ian Murray/Jack Ross/Guillaume Beuzelin DREAM TEAM could be pretty interesting. Lack of experience, but reckon they would have Hibs playing some good attacking football.

I like this idea too. Certainly more appealing than Danny Lennon anyway. Got to hope we get it sorted soon, at this moment we are a total mess on and off the park.

One of the first things Murray did at Dumbarton was to sort out the fitness coaching and he's treated it as close to a full time set up as is possible as far as I can see. He comes across well any time he's interviewed (so did Pressley to some extent but you get my point, he's not a dribbling moron). Dumbarton's key players in the second half of last season as far as I'm aware have been McGinn (young, good on the ball), Turner (classy midfielder) and Kane (young striker on loan from St Johnstone). He used guys like Colin Nish as well but they've impressed me in their style as much as their organisation any time I've seen them since Murray went there.

Sounds good. As I've said in any of my posts about Murray, it's perfectly possible that he's grown up a bit with the responsibility of management. These details would seem to indicate that but we can only find out if he returns and instils some professionalism and professional pride about the place. You've seen much more of him in the last two years than I have, so if he gets the job, I hope to be proven wrong!

And suggesting the manager who finished second in the Premiership and dismissing the best performing manager in the Championship while you're a Championship club is arrogance %10000. Sometimes people just want to talk about football. There's no agenda.

Aye point is though, nobody is "dismissing" him. That swag guy says he'd prefer more experience and I have reservations about him as a leader figure which I openly admit is based on his playing days.

Searched the thread for mention of McCall. Motherwell fan raises him as a serious candidate: no Hibs fan agrees: bunch of posters from other clubs jump in to call Hibs deluded. Sounds pretty house style :lol:

Wish Butcher had created this "impregnable fortress" so it meant I couldn't bloody get in to the Partick Thistle and Killie games!

Managerial charlatan who thankfully is finished in Scottish football.

I think he is done now in Scottish football, I suspect he will head back to Suffolk and base there, manage a non league side and semi retire.

Any news about Malpas and Marsella yet?

I think he is done now in Scottish football, I suspect he will head back to Suffolk and base there, manage a non league side and semi retire.

Any news about Malpas and Marsella yet?

They'll both be chucked too I'd think. Not at all popular with the players apparently.

They'll both be chucked too I'd think. Not at all popular with the players apparently.

Marsella has a very good reputation as a scout and if he goes I'm sure he will not be short of offers. Malpas will probably leave once the new manager comes in, though maybe he might want a second shot at management himself so might put his name in for the job.

He's staying on as a scout only.

I think soon you will realise that at least one good thing came out of Butcher's time as manager, a bit like us with Brewster 2nd shot with us who brought in Adam Rooney. You won't find a better scout than Marsella in Scotland.

Why?

Working on assumptions again but if the reports that the players didn't get on with Butcher/Malpas/Marsella then I'd be quite pleased with him no longer being around the squad yet still being able to take advantage of his scouting knowledge.

Archived