Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

Bo ness were comfortable all over the Park. The Lad Batchelor in the middle of the park for lithgae isn't even a good amateur player.

Linlithgow look a shadow of the side they should be. Manager has to take the blame for that. I don't think he'll last much longer. He's taken a good squad, drained it of confidence and added bang average players to it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bo ness were comfortable all over the Park. The Lad Batchelor in the middle of the park for lithgae isn't even a good amateur player.

Linlithgow look a shadow of the side they should be. Manager has to take the blame for that. I don't think he'll last much longer. He's taken a good squad, drained it of confidence and added bang average players to it.

Oh god not another alias Gilbert?.... For Saturday there were 12 / 13 fit players of which 2 are keepers, last night would be the same and those guys have played a silly number of games recently, so tiredness is expected. What is not though is a lack of dig and fight!

Not to worry Yous will get a good look at the central defender who will be at Lithgie next season this week

As most teams,we will probably sign new players.but don't be coming back on and saying I told yous.unless you name the player beforehand.

Where do Linlithgow need to strengthen, this is still the nucleus of a squad that have proven on their day that they are more than a match for any Junior Side?

We are desparately in need of 2 centre halfs and a hard as nails holding midfield player.

We could also do with a back up keeper, a winger and a quick striker.

The good thing tho is that we are talking about which PLAYERS need to change and not changing the manager !!! Sorry to disappoint all the haters.

HTG!

#31andcounting

The good thing tho is that we are talking about which PLAYERS need to change and not changing the manager !!! Sorry to disappoint all the haters.

HTG!

#31andcounting

Danny is still getting the benefit of the doubt because of the bad influences in the dressing room and the committee room but he will have to deliver next season or his jacket will be on a shoogly peg.

Danny is still getting the benefit of the doubt because of the bad influences in the dressing room and the committee room but he will have to deliver next season or his jacket will be on a shoogly peg.

Agree totally - given a level playing field and like any Manager then will rightfully judged on his abilities. I have every confidence in Danny Smith and Alan Moffat. I think Jose Mourinho would have struggled with this last season.

Don't think old pals act helps Danny either.may be he needs a tougher assistant.

I have every confidence in Danny's opinions and if he wants Alan Moffat then that is good enough for me.

Your midfield and defence struggled to cope with Philp breaking from central positions and the pace of Anderson and Walker our defence played well last night but apart from a fifteen minute spell in the second half looked comfortable.

We are desparately in need of 2 centre halfs and a hard as nails holding midfield player.

We could also do with a back up keeper, a winger and a quick striker.

IMO you have the best two strikers at this level in Coyne (wasted when playing wide) and Coco, from what I have seen you do lack a boss in the middle of the park. Does that mean that you think that around six players will move on from the current squad, all be it pushed or otherwise?

From what I seen the goals were cheaply given away last night,thought they started 2nd half with a bit more urgency and a quick goal might have made a difference,I don't know which players Danny signed himself but no doubt there will be changes come next season squad wise.

IMO you have the best two strikers at this level in Coyne (wasted when playing wide) and Coco, from what I have seen you do lack a boss in the middle of the park. Does that mean that you think that around six players will move on from the current squad, all be it pushed or otherwise?

The balance of the team has not been correct all season (IMO) due to the available personnel - we have the quality in terms of personnel that I have no doubts on - but for me 11 quality players may win games - but that doesn't mean that together they are a great team.

We have 4 top quality strikers in Kelbie, Smith, Coyne and Coco all would be regular starters for most superleague teams.

Then you add in 4 Centre Midfielders in - Batchelor, Ruiri, Nelson and Shirra we then added a 5th when we purchased King. Again all 5 on paper are automatic picks.

Throughout the season we have in games played with 3 central midfielders and either one centre forward with 2 from 3 playing wide. The centre midfielders are all playing similar roles and chasing the same balls and far to often they end up playing on top of each other.

For me (personal opinion) I would empty 1 striker and possible 2 of the Centre Midfielders.

The balance of the team has not been correct all season (IMO) due to the available personnel - we have the quality in terms of personnel that I have no doubts on - but for me 11 quality players may win games - but that doesn't mean that together they are a great team.

We have 4 top quality strikers in Kelbie, Smith, Coyne and Coco all would be regular starters for most superleague teams.

Then you add in 4 Centre Midfielders in - Batchelor, Ruiri, Nelson and Shirra we then added a 5th when we purchased King. Again all 5 on paper are automatic picks.

Throughout the season we have in games played with 3 central midfielders and either one centre forward with 2 from 3 playing wide. The centre midfielders are all playing similar roles and chasing the same balls and far to often they end up playing on top of each other.

For me (personal opinion) I would empty 1 striker and possible 2 of the Centre Midfielders.

Agree that Coyne is wasted out wide and him and Coco are a good partnership. I rate Calum Smith but Danny does not and Kelbie has been very poor so far and I can see both Calum and Kelbie leaving. They will both need replacing and I believe we are looking at 2 strikers.

As Auld Heid says we are over loaded in centre midfield but we dont have the hardman/ball winner so I can see a couple leaving there and I think Nelson is a cert to be one of them. Ruari and King will both be wanted so it would be one of Shirra and Batchelor as well.

At the back Ovenstone and O'Byrne have both had poor seasons so would not be surprised to see them go.

Christie has had a poor season and wants to go so a new keeper will also be needed.

Its getting other sides to take them on though Auld Heid, Lithgie will probably be asking funny money for players that are surplus to requirements.Any prospective buyers would also need to factor in that Lithgie would be bringing in players they see as superior to those who are leaving.Not many junior clubs can afford to pay over the odds for any player if they want to run things the correct way or stay competitive.

Well run clubs are more likely to take a more prudent approach and look to strengthen elsewhere, there are many decent players to be had in the East Super League / Premiership or even playing lower down that could improve a team & not cost the earth.

Kelty Hearts picked up 3 superb players from Kirkcaldy YM last year then others from Ballingry Rovers, Surplus at Nitten & Bonnyrigg, 2 from Berwick that were up for transfer, and won the league, that`s the way to do business.

Agree that Coyne is wasted out wide and him and Coco are a good partnership. I rate Calum Smith but Danny does not and Kelbie has been very poor so far and I can see both Calum and Kelbie leaving. They will both need replacing and I believe we are looking at 2 strikers.

As Auld Heid says we are over loaded in centre midfield but we dont have the hardman/ball winner so I can see a couple leaving there and I think Nelson is a cert to be one of them. Ruari and King will both be wanted so it would be one of Shirra and Batchelor as well.

At the back Ovenstone and O'Byrne have both had poor seasons so would not be surprised to see them go.

Christie has had a poor season and wants to go so a new keeper will also be needed.

I actually would like to see Kelbie with a full pre season under his belt - I understand the Calum situation and peoples preferences. But I feel if we can get Kelbie back to the fitness levels in his second season at Camelon then I would take a gamble.

Its getting other sides to take them on though Auld Heid, Lithgie will probably be asking funny money for players that are surplus to requirements.Any prospective buyers would also need to factor in that Lithgie would be bringing in players they see as superior to those who are leaving.Not many junior clubs can afford to pay over the odds for any player if they want to run things the correct way or stay competitive.

Well run clubs are more likely to take a more prudent approach and look to strengthen elsewhere, there are many decent players to be had in the East Super League / Premiership or even playing lower down that could improve a team & not cost the earth.

Kelty Hearts picked up 3 superb players from Kirkcaldy YM last year then others from Ballingry Rovers, Surplus at Nitten & Bonnyrigg, 2 from Berwick that were up for transfer, and won the league, that`s the way to do business.

Agree with your post - but given that we are talking about potentially players who would improve any team - the gamble is there to take on a proven player. Realistically as well there may be a fee involved but gone have the days where silly money is demanded.

Archived