Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

I actually would like to see Kelbie with a full pre season under his belt - I understand the Calum situation and peoples preferences. But I feel if we can get Kelbie back to the fitness levels in his second season at Camelon then I would take a gamble.

Agree with your post - but given that we are talking about potentially players who would improve any team - the gamble is there to take on a proven player. Realistically as well there may be a fee involved but gone have the days where silly money is demanded.

Its not really about proven players m8, it boils down to being hungry to win things and prepared to put a shift in when backs are to the wall.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players discussed don't become bad overnight, perhaps a bad egg in the dressing room has created problems? The players that have been mentioned as possibly out would get a game in any other SL side. One or two additions and getting rid of the problems, I'm sure that Lithgae will be challenging on all fronts next season.

Have to say the team I saw up at Fauldhouse weren't the best LR side I've ever seen.

Kevin Kelbie is a fantastic striker. We would take him back in a minute. At Camelon we are more forgiving than the Rose fans. If you go through a bad patch (as strikers do) you don't get as much stick.when he played for us he had Scifo who was a perfect foil for him and did a lot of the donkey work. I can't see anyone at the Rose doing the same. You don't score 37 times in a season if you are a bad player. His goal against Sauchie in the Scottish cup last season was top drawer.

The players discussed don't become bad overnight, perhaps a bad egg in the dressing room has created problems? The players that have been mentioned as possibly out would get a game in any other SL side. One or two additions and getting rid of the problems, I'm sure that Lithgae will be challenging on all fronts next season.

Have to say the team I saw up at Fauldhouse weren't the best LR side I've ever seen.

Many players that are considered as `Proven` or been over the course before and have tasted success can become complacent through time.

Reading through some of the Lithgie fans postings on here its obvious they have felt let down by some of those very same players this season.

Any side looking to take any of these lads on will need to be really careful what they are buying into, considering they could probably spend less money elsewhere and potentially get someone in that is more eager to please from a less fashionable club.

We will trust in our management team however whoever they decide to sign, they know how to bring the best out of players.

I genuinely believe signing the majority of our players on 2 or more year deals does not help us. History will show not many players leave the Rose and better themselves at other junior clubs and I would have players on a 1 year contract with 2/3 years being the exception rather than the rule. Keep them hungry and wanting to impress and earn their next year on performance and not reputation

Best LOL of the day had to be the LRFC tweet confirming no truth in the rumour that Raheem Stirling was seen having lunch with Danny Smith in the West Port today. I reckon that crazy transfer stories like that means summer has officially started.

Best LOL of the day had to be the LRFC tweet confirming no truth in the rumour that Raheem Stirling was seen having lunch with Danny Smith in the West Port today. I reckon that crazy transfer stories like that means summer has officially started.

Lol good one.but I did see Derek Riordan at the star today,on his own though.

Another thing - our set pieces are a joke. They obviously dont practice them in training.

i don't know how much you can do in training given the time allocated,with the exception of this multi game nonsense we are doing just now, but as you say there are areas where groups could be taken and work on various ie throw-ins,set pieces,working from the back, when to use the long ball etc. and when you watch the same mistakes time and time again,till all other teams are using the same passes to break us down,you tend it get a bit pissed off,learn from the mistakes and move on, it all starts from the training ground,

The majority of goals from set pieces are not rehearsed moves they tend to come from an individuals ability. Some of the things referred to are nothing to do with coaching.

If a player doesn't act quickly or someone show that isn't down to coaching that is down to a players actions.

For me all this boils down to a lack of confidence. We don't have bad players - we have a team who lack confidence in themselves/each other. In 30 days we have played something like 12 games following on from a defeat in the semi final of the Scottish.

In this time we have saw the good the bad and the Fuzzy Bear - when we score first we grow in confidence but when we go behind you can see all the frailties appear.

The end of the season can't come quick enough - so we can regroup and rebuild so we comeback fresh and stronger and most importantly as one.

HTG

The majority of goals from set pieces are not rehearsed moves they tend to come from an individuals ability. Some of the things referred to are nothing to do with coaching.

If a player doesn't act quickly or someone show that isn't down to coaching that is down to a players actions.

For me all this boils down to a lack of confidence. We don't have bad players - we have a team who lack confidence in themselves/each other. In 30 days we have played something like 12 games following on from a defeat in the semi final of the Scottish.

In this time we have saw the good the bad and the Fuzzy Bear - when we score first we grow in confidence but when we go behind you can see all the frailties appear.

The end of the season can't come quick enough - so we can regroup and rebuild so we comeback fresh and stronger and most importantly as one.

HTG

I don't buy the frailties stuff. We reacted really well on Saturday when going behind to Penicuik. We just don't have the quality in all areas at the moment.

We gift too many goals to the opposition through basic errors. There is nowt the manager can do about that other than improving the squad.

From the Rose committee they won't stop players leaving and won't ask for a fee over £1500 FACT....I heard on Saturday at there game with Penicuik Callum Smith John Ovenstone and another player are suppose to be Kelty bound....not sure about the players but the transfer money is £1500 as I have had dealings with them and they came out and said any player sold will be for that amount if the players asks away but will be different if a club comes in for a player then they would probably ask more

From the Rose committee they won't stop players leaving and won't ask for a fee over £1500 FACT....I heard on Saturday at there game with Penicuik Callum Smith John Ovenstone and another player are suppose to be Kelty bound....not sure about the players but the transfer money is £1500 as I have had dealings with them and they came out and said any player sold will be for that amount if the players asks away but will be different if a club comes in for a player then they would probably ask more

sure i told you before ovenstone is not going to kelty.he has another year on his contract.the only way he will be going anywhere is if he is released.

Cannae see Calum Smith going to Kelty. From what I've heard, after he agreed to go to Kelty and then changed his mind, Tam Courts was that raging with him, it was lucky Calum was on the phone and not there in person.

As a neutral, I think this season has been a fair reflection on Linlithgows position in the table.

Defeated by the teams at the top of the table regularly, the reason being is simple, Linlithgow are a poor side at present. New players needed and there looks to be no shape to the team and don't carry the threat needed up top, and concede sloppy goals week after week.

I think a reality check is needed.

As a neutral, I think this season has been a fair reflection on Linlithgows position in the table.

Defeated by the teams at the top of the table regularly, the reason being is simple, Linlithgow are a poor side at present. New players needed and there looks to be no shape to the team and don't carry the threat needed up top, and concede sloppy goals week after week.

I think a reality check is needed.

Goals for aren't the problem - when you don't go into games with any confidence or expectation of not conceding that tells a story. (tonight is probably one of the few exceptions)

Agree we have lacked at times a natural balance in midfield when you have 3 central midfielders and 2 centre forwards making up your midfield that's not an ideal balance for me. The top games are most likely to exploit such in balances.

The nucleus is there it's about bringing in the players to do that.

Archived