Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bo'ness far better team from a neautral point of view and a howler from the keeper for the 3rd goal...if he saved that and the Linlithgow got there goal could have been 2-1 and game on but Linlithgow can't have any complaints as they were a well beaten side....anyone know why Craig Wilson is not playing just now

Bo'ness far better team from a neautral point of view and a howler from the keeper for the 3rd goal...if he saved that and the Linlithgow got there goal could have been 2-1 and game on but Linlithgow can't have any complaints as they were a well beaten side....anyone know why Craig Wilson is not playing just now

Craig picked up an injury last week

Craig picked up an injury last week

Ah such a shame good player and a very nice lad hope it's not serious and he is back soon....I like your left Back I think he is the best left back in the league by a country mile excellent player

That's as bad as it gets. We can't even do the basics.

Three free kicks and all ended up as chances for the Beggars.

Some very jaded players on show tonight

both teams entitled to be bit jaded with number of games recently - we must have coped wi the tricky grass length better tonight though

What aload of pish about grass ! I actually walked past the park yesterday morning and they were cutting it at the time.

Just take it on the chin " Bo'ness was the better team the night " simples !!

You boys are clutching at straws with your "grass was too long" nonsense. Your defence kept launching it up the park hoping that something would happen. Only one side up for the game tonight. Mon the BU's !!!

The best team won without much fuss. But I'm Genuinely delighted that Bo'ness are very very poor as well or it could have been far worse. In saying you are poor sadly leaves me in no doubt how bad we are.

We looked to be a team of individuals and that's just not on as football is a team game. To many occasions we had players following the ball like schoolboys.

What aload of pish about grass ! I actually walked past the park yesterday morning and they were cutting it at the time.

Just take it on the chin " Bo'ness was the better team the night " simples !!

Not denying the better team won

I thought we were on top in the second half but we can't stop shipping goals and we can't take chances. On missed chances we won 6 0 and on good solid defensive play and tackles Bo"Ness won 6 0. That equation made it a rather simple 3 1 win for them

I really don't know how seriously to take this, or whether it's a backhanded compliment or a disguised insult blended with some sour grapes.

Bo'ness aren't "very, very poor" and I'm going to presume your comments stem from just watching tonight's game. We are capable of playing far better football, but BU v Rose games are all blood, pish & snotters and rarely an attractive game to watch. But a win's a win though, regardless of how pretty to watch it is, though Ross Philp's second goal was fit to grace any game.

And let's get real - The Rose still have a great squad of players and would've beaten a truly "very very poor" team comfortably. It's their attitudes and application that are lacking, not quality.

Our players want to win no matter how pretty. Our players attitude and application is what make us a very good side

They might have some good players but they don't have many that put a shift in. Campbell and Leiper won everything in the air, Murphy his usual solid performance or a Philp and a Walker who just keep going when it gets tough.

Nice wee passing triangles but no cutting edge is how I see them.

Hope the Ref on Saturday forgets his whistle because last nights one must have worn his out.

Well what a shambles that was.

Why was Christie in the team ? He doesn't want to play for us and has put in 4 transfer requests this season. Get him to fvck and get McKinven in for the rest of the season.

In the first 5 mins Roddy had skinned their right back and Kelly did the same to their left back but for the rest of the first half we humped a high ball to isolated centre forwards. Why did we persist with this. Kelbie cant jump and Coco was a foot shorter than his marker but we kept going with it.

Slightly better for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half without creating many clear cut chances before Christie cost us yet another goal. I am sure he will have a laugh about it when he is playing for Boness next season.

Boness did not flood many players forward - only 3 or 4 but that was enough to cause havoc. Why did we not do something to counter this. We could have played 3 at the back and pushed Thom into a holding midfield role. He might have been able to track their runners as nobody else was and this would have meant Batchy and Ruari pushing 10 yards further forward. This might have stopped Nimmo and Sloan cruising around in midfield and they would have been much nearer the strikers to give a bit of support. But no we stick rigidly to a formation that Boness had no problems countering.

I thought Roddy played well, especially in the 2nd half, Ruari and Kelly were not at their best but at least put in a good shift and looked like they cared.

Roll on the end of the season as it is no fun watching this at the moment.

Wasn't a great game in truth. Bo'ness certainly deserved their win but Linlithgow look a shadow of themselves. Conceding a lot of goals at the moment and unfortunately not scoring as much. Danny's coat on a shoogly nail?

Archived