Rangers sign Darren McGregor

Oh ffs.

Are you playing stupid here, or is it a genuine affliction?

When we refer to the cost of players in Scotland these days, it's nearly always in terms of wages, as transfer fees very rarely change hands.

I thought only Brooks Mileson, Rowan Alexander and Ally McCoist liked to pretend that players are happy to play for nothing.

As far as I know nobody has reported what he is earning which means it's all just wishful thinking when people claim we could have got him for far less.

Have you noticed how all the people making claims about £4k going up to £6k ran away when asked where they got those figures from?

The fact is the only thing which has been stated publicly about the transfer is that there wasn't a transfer fee involved.

Yet you are suggesting that asking someone to back up their claims about the transfer is 'playing stupid'. Quite the contrary, I'm one of the few people who aren't being stupid about this.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know nobody has reported what he is earning which means it's all just wishful thinking when people claim we could have got him for far less.

Have you noticed how all the people making claims about £4k going up to £6k ran away when asked where they got those figures from?

The fact is the only thing which has been stated publicly about the transfer is that there wasn't a transfer fee involved.

Yet you are suggesting that asking someone to back up their claims about the transfer is 'playing stupid'. Quite the contrary, I'm one of the few people who aren't being stupid about this.

McGregor's contract with St. Mirren was meant to be up on the 30th June hence no fee involved. I assume if he has signed proper then St. Mirren had released him from his contract. 1 year deal with an option for another year. Ok this is fact.

Now I'm off to look at Kerrydale Street forum to find out how much he is on. :P

Do you have any reason to disbelieve the 4k wAge?

If he's shite then we won't take him up on that extra year though. If Ally has someone else in mind as a replacement, then the option is there to get rid of him.

This on the day he signs....

Hope you have a thick skin, Darren :lol:

Oh ffs.

Are you playing stupid here, or is it a genuine affliction?

When we refer to the cost of players in Scotland these days, it's nearly always in terms of wages, as transfer fees very rarely change hands.

I thought only Brooks Mileson, Rowan Alexander and Ally McCoist liked to pretend that players are happy to play for nothing.

But no one knows what his wages are......

We could have got him for less than free?

So it's a new club that's never been in the top flight who you are losing players to?

Wow. That's gotta be embarrassing.

Not half as embarrassing as the wages you are paying players to win the diddy leagues!!

But no one knows what his wages are......

True, but that's not the point that any of, you in the first place; me in agreeing with you; or Jock talking shite, were attempting to make.

In suggesting that this player seemed pricey, I was of course referring to his reported wages, although I'll admit any source for this is unclear.

What Jock attempted to do though, was suggest that this bloke cost nothing to employ because no transfer fee was involved.

That is ridiculous and led me to wonder if he really was stupid or was merely pretending.

This should have been the time in our re-building process where we should have been bringing in players with a bit of class instead of players like this. The guy will do a job for us in the Championship but not in the premiership. The closer we're getting to being back the more worrying it is having a mid-table premiership team at best.

We should have nearly assembled a top team by now to challenge.

This should have been the time in our re-building process where we should have been bringing in players with a bit of class instead of players like this. The guy will do a job for us in the Championship but not in the premiership. The closer we're getting to being back the more worrying it is having a mid-table premiership team at best.

We should have nearly assembled a top team by now to challenge.

Your verminous Club died, they willnae be back. :lol:

Do you have any reason to disbelieve the 4k wAge?

The past few years of experiencing lots of made up stuff about my club.

True, but that's not the point that any of, you in the first place; me in agreeing with you; or Jock talking shite, were attempting to make.

In suggesting that this player seemed pricey, I was of course referring to his reported wages, although I'll admit any source for this is unclear.

What Jock attempted to do though, was suggest that this bloke cost nothing to employ because no transfer fee was involved.

That is ridiculous and led me to wonder if he really was stupid or was merely pretending.

Go back and read it again.

You were talking about his signing.

You can backpedal and try to be pedantic but the fact is this signing cost nothing.

Deal with it.

It's really tiring listening to "yer clubs deed, haw haw haw, fek seevco!" on every single Rangers thread. It stifles debate and puts people off.

Just keep thinking about how crap their clubs must be if they honestly believe there's a team that's only 2 years old has become the best or second best supported team in the entire country.

They can display the willful ignorance needed to keep beleiving Rangers died but that's just an admission of howe diddy their own clubs are.

Just keep thinking about how crap their clubs must be if they honestly believe there's a team that's only 2 years old has become he best or second best supported team in the entire country.

They can display the willful ignorance needed to keep beleiving Rangers died but that's just an admission of howe diddy their own clubs are.

That's not a mystery. *

There must be somewhere for thick bigoted c***s to go and the only other team that would take thick bigoted c***s are a bit too kathlik.

* Unless your a thick bigoted c**t yourself.

The past few years of experiencing lots of made up stuff about my club.

Go back and read it again.

You were talking about his signing.

You can backpedal and try to be pedantic but the fact is this signing cost nothing.

Deal with it.

No backtracking required I'm afraid.

I absolutely stand by the suggestion that the signing itself costs money. This signing involved the player signing a contract committing his employer to giving him some.

The suggestion otherwise is bonkers.

Archived