The Playstation

sergie's no1 fan

I hate how its now named the PSOne or whatever.

This was revolutionary. Do you remember the kick you used to get when the Sony logo came up on screen with the wee sound?

I don't get as much fun out of the ps3. Only really play PES which is rank and I noticed on twitter someone put up a pic of the game International Superstar Soccer and I remembered how much joy that game gave me.

So I looked up in the loft but couldn't find my old Playstation so just ordered a cheap one online and a few games like ISS, Fifa 98 road to the World Cup, LMA manager to get back to the basics and enjoy gaming again.Some of the games are going for like £1, 50p ect.

I've got games like Batman, COD, even tried playing FIFA but its just not grabbing me. Not even that bothered about the PS4 because there is hardly any games I'd enjoy for it.

What was your favourite PS games? MGS? Abes Oddysee ?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to be that guy, but I should mention to the OP that PS1 games are fully compatible with the PS3.

:lol: cheers. Probably should have read up on that. Just as well i didn't go for a brand new one, they are going for £180 :o

I'll need to test that out then I found a couple of games.

Loved the Playstation.

Favourite games included;

- Tony Hawks 2 (still the best Tony Hawks game and has the best soundtrack of any TH game)

- Smackdown 2

- Fifa 98 RTWC (remains easily the best Fifa game)

- Crash Team Racing (I'm probably the best player ever at this game)

- Metal Gear Solid (and the VR missions)

- Hogs Of War (that last mission!)

- Gran Turismo

- Wu Tang: Taste The Pain

- Resident Evil

- Resident Evil 2 (still the best RE game)

Forgot to menton;

- Destruction Derby

- Cool Boarders 2

- Command and Conquer Red Alert 2: Retaliation (used to play this using a link cable, i.e. against a mate)

- Dino Crisis

- WCW Backstage Assault

- GTA 2

- Quake 2 (used to play multiplayer on this so much; absolutely brilliant, just as good as Halo multiplayer)

-

Always went round to my pals to play Spyro the dragon, Tekken series, Crash bandicoot. Was always tempted to get one but never went for it. Always liked the fact you could "chip" the playstation.

my one still works

that was back when i used to be a member of blockbusters :whistle

For all the violence you get in games now, I don't think the noise that Lara Croft made in TR 2 when she fell from great height has been topped. I used to mute the tv when I knew she was falling. It was horrible! Even when she drowned in the later missions I felt horrible inside when she did the over-dramatic "I'm drowning" movements. Playing hide and seek with the butler in the maze was always a good laugh. And if anyone can find a link to the music played in the swimming pool room I'd be most appreciative :thumsup2

PS. The fact that my Playstation, PS2 and PS3 still run like new after all these years shows why Sony are the best manufacturers of consoles in the world. Shove Microsoft and yer red ring of death up yer arse Gates! "That doesny happen anymore" - it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Viva La Sony!

Archived