Best 1st Round Goal

which is the best goal  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28051698

Vote for who you think scored the best goal of the 1st stage ,some absolute crackers , I went for Robbens goal against Spain just ahead of Messi v Bosnia and Cahills wonder strike against Holland.

can't remember the opening round of the WC having this many great goals in it.

Voted for Rodriguez just for the cocky arrogance of it. Both of Messi's were probably more challenging given the packed penalty area, and Cahill's strike was sublime, but the youngster gets my vote.

For difficulty of execution and spectacular scenes I don't think anything comes close to Cahill's effort. Would be surprised if there's one to top it in the tournament.

can't remember the opening round of the WC having this many great goals in it.

Surprised at this - I've been disappointed by the lack of spectacular goals, considering the amount of goals there have been. Plenty of good goals of course but very few screamers, they all seem to have hit the bar!

For difficulty of execution and spectacular scenes I don't think anything comes close to Cahill's effort. Would be surprised if there's one to top it in the tournament.

Surprised at this - I've been disappointed by the lack of spectacular goals, considering the amount of goals there have been. Plenty of good goals of course but very few screamers, they all seem to have hit the bar!

to be fair I have a terrible memory.. :P

Van Persie's header. Iconic goal that was the beginning of the end for one of the all time great international teams. Not sure why the Depay goal is an option. Messi's free kick, Shaqiri's 1st goal, Chile's 1st vs Spain, Dempsey vs Ghana and Robben's 2nd against Spain were much better.

Van Persie's header. Iconic goal that was the beginning of the end for one of the all time great international teams. Not sure why the Depay goal is an option. Messi's free kick, Shaqiri's 1st goal, Chile's 1st vs Spain, Dempsey vs Ghana and Robben's 2nd against Spain were much better.

I'd also put Algeria's 4th against South Korea and Rooney's against Uruguay ahead of that one. Odd pick.

And Merten's vs Algeria, Muller's vs USA, Musa's 1st vs Argentina, and Honda's vs Ivory Coast.

Really liked Muller's goal versus USA and both of Suarez's goals had something about them!!!

Archived