Pro-union Booklet in the Post

Scary Bear

Which I'd very sensible... It's actually quite cheap to mass produce stuff.

Do they get discount for postage too? I'm not sure how that works. Do they contract a firm to deliver them, or do the post office give them a contract rate. I would imagine they don't have to pay second class postage rates.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why the pamphlet has been produced, but it's wandering 'off message' a bit. So, I'll do the same.

Previously, it was all "the PM doesn't have a vote in the referendum, so he won't be getting involved". This was to avoid him getting shown up by Salmond in a live TV debate.

Since then we've had various MPs up from Westminster and Cameron getting foreign worthies to chip in. Even Cameron himself has finally decided to get a bit more vocal.

Surely as PM he should have been front and centre from the start, defending the union and promoting the benefits of it? If he isn't up to the job of showing up Salmond then he should resign and give someone who is a chance.

In short, David Cameron is the worst PM I can remember. He's even worse than Major or Brown. His replacement would be Mr Bean or some other Tory misfit. This pamphlet won't change that. The fact Cameron needs pamphlets rather than just stepping up to the mark is telling.

Edit: Actually, that's slightly unfair. It's really a toss up between Cameron or Brown as the worst PM in my lifetime. They are/were both fucking awful.

What you talking about?

Just last week he managed to put those nasty Europeans in their place.

Oh no wait.

He got shown up there too, didn't he?

Your right. He is a piss poor PM.

Recieving bumf through the post from individual political parties, Better Together or Yes Scotland can be annoying but you expect that during a political campaign. These are also individually funded entities and can spend their cash however they see fit.

Recieving one from HM Government only setting out one side of the debate is a bit disturbing. They should either be neutral or silent imo.

Seems pretty desperate to me and only further enforced my support for Yes.

The Scottish Government are bringing one out as well, closer to the date. They are also using public money for it (much to the ire of the Daily Mail).

It will be all over the news. "Salmond uses taxpayers cash to bolster the yes campaign ".

Do they get discount for postage too? I'm not sure how that works. Do they contract a firm to deliver them, or do the post office give them a contract rate. I would imagine they don't have to pay second class postage rates.

its fine they own the post offi...

never mind

Recieving bumf through the post from individual political parties, Better Together or Yes Scotland can be annoying but you expect that during a political campaign. These are also individually funded entities and can spend their cash however they see fit.

Recieving one from HM Government only setting out one side of the debate is a bit disturbing. They should either be neutral or silent imo.

Seems pretty desperate to me and only further enforced my support for Yes.

When you get the Scottish government one that will reverse your seethe and confirm a No vote I assume?

When you get the Scottish government one that will reverse your seethe and confirm a No vote I assume?

No, I will still be voting yes but my thoughts on the Scottish Government doing it are exactly the same. I've no problem with the snp doing it under their name but to do it as the government, imo, isn't right.

Anyway they haven't done it and the UK government has so kindly reserve your whataboutery pish until its actually relevant!

On the Cameron debate he may be a fucking pollution of a politician but he is a lot better than the mess Gordon Brown left us in. I genuinely, 100% miss Tony Blair.

Aye, phoney Tony and his illegal wars do leave a gaping void that's difficult to fill!

No, I will still be voting yes but my thoughts on the Scottish Government doing it are exactly the same. I've no problem with the snp doing it under their name but to do it as the government, imo, isn't right.

Anyway they haven't done it and the UK government has so kindly reserve your whataboutery pish until its actually relevant!

Eh you stated that the UK government doing this reeked of desperation champ.

Just checking that unlike kilbowie before you, you will be along to castigate the SNP government for their desperation when they issue theirs.

You will won't you??

Lost in all of these "illegal" wars the left wing love to go on about was the UK enjoying a successful period economically that left us almost immediately after he left office.

With the exception of the depressingly large number of hippies, Al Qaeda/Hamas sympathisers and Saddam Hussein fans in Scotland, Blair will go down as a fantastic prime minister and I hope that if we do achieve our independence some of our future Scottish leaders share domestic policies with Blair.

Eh you stated that the UK government doing this reeked of desperation champ.

Just checking that unlike kilbowie before you, you will be along to castigate the SNP government for their desperation when they issue theirs.

You will won't you??

What's good for the goose and all that.

Lost in all of these "illegal" wars the left wing love to go on about was the UK enjoying a successful period economically that left us almost immediately after he left office.

With the exception of the depressingly large number of hippies, Al Qaeda/Hamas sympathisers and Saddam Hussein fans in Scotland, Blair will go down as a fantastic prime minister and I hope that if we do achieve our independence some of our future Scottish leaders share domestic policies with Blair.

That successful economic period was built on debt and an unsustainable house price bubble. The chickens have well and truly come home to roost.

What is it with fowl metaphors today?

Dont forget that he spawned Cameron. :wacko:

Whereas the Tories going "cold turkey" on borrowing has only led to further debt.

I rate Ed Miliband highly as a PM, just not much of a showman. I'd also love to see Boris Johnson given a shot, he's done a wonderful job as the mayor of London anyway

Whereas the Tories going "cold turkey" on borrowing has only led to further debt.

I rate Ed Miliband highly as a PM, just not much of a showman. I'd also love to see Boris Johnson given a shot, he's done a wonderful job as the mayor of London anyway

Are you talking domestic politics or as leader of the British EMPIRE?

Either of them dealing with Putin makes me snigger and snort.

Ah yes. Boris "A pound spent in Croydon is of far more value than a pound spent in Strathclyde" Johnson.

I do wonder where his priorities for the country lie?

Should a Yes vote be returned in September I would be absolutely delighted if he was given his chance, otherwise he can stick to playing the buffoon.

Archived