Pro-union Booklet in the Post

Scary Bear

Had someone at my door after tea asking me what I thought of the letter and how it influenced my vote.

She was seething when I informed her it strengthened my opinion in a yes vote and belittled the Scottish people. :lol

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had someone at my door after tea asking me what I thought of the letter and how it influenced my vote.

She was seething when I informed her it strengthened my opinion in a yes vote and belittled the Scottish people. :lol

Haha excellent. I mind when they were last fannying around with the Tesco in Haddington they asked me a few questions. Woman was raging that my response was not wholehearted praise and I had a few further niggling complaints.

I hope I get a similar BT person at my door, but as we're a wee bit out the way the only people we only seem to get are the jahova's witnesses once a year.

There was campaigners in our tesco last week when they were doing food bank donations, someone turned around and pointed to the donation boxes and asked the campaigners if they were happy with that.

There silence spoke volumes to me

There was campaigners in our tesco last week when they were doing food bank donations, someone turned around and pointed to the donation boxes and asked the campaigners if they were happy with that.

Yes campaigners?

I don't really understand their silence.

Yes campaigners?

I don't really understand their silence.

Sorry I should've said better together dictators, perhaps then you would've understood.

I don't get it either. :unsure:

Perhaps I should've explained better.

No campaigners were in my tesco's campaigning. Whilst this was happening there was a donation box for a foodbank. Someone decided to ask them what there opinion was on the UK government and foodbanks. The no campaigners dodged the question completely and said it would be sorted when it needed to be.

Haha excellent. I mind when they were last fannying around with the Tesco in Haddington they asked me a few questions. Woman was raging that my response was not wholehearted praise and I had a few further niggling complaints.

I hope I get a similar BT person at my door, but as we're a wee bit out the way the only people we only seem to get are the jahova's witnesses once a year.

I've only had one BT campaigner at my door but she was hilarious. I think they must just count on people nodding in agreement with their pish as when I asked her why I should vote No she said something along the lines of;

"I did Sociology at Uni and I think we're Better Together"

Right oh love, well that's me swayed.

My problem with answering door-to-door campaigners is that they know where you live so you need to be nice. :(

Thats because you were one of the ones whistling and looking the other way.

What?! :huh:

People do know that the likes of Norway and Sweden have foodbanks too, don't they?

All countries have foodbanks, they are intended for emergency relief.

They aren't intended for sustaining families who have been given 10 week benefit sanctions for being late to a meeting.

They aren't intended for sustaining families who have been given 10 week benefit sanctions for being late to a meeting.

Got any evidence for this claim?

This didn't happen, did it?

If you think that's the whole story behind that suspension then you are being a bit gullible. They don't just stop your benefits for turning up 5 minutes late on one occasion.

If you think that's the whole story behind that suspension then you are being a bit gullible. They don't just stop your benefits for turning up 5 minutes late on one occasion.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Obviously it's only on esource and one whistleblower, however:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/dec/09/iain-duncan-smith-dwp-stop-benefits-whistleblower

"If you ask managers how many people you are supposed to get off the register, they say more and more continuously. It is your job to make the claimant's life difficult, they say. It creates a target culture."

"But the truth is that benefit claimants are being deliberately set up to fail in order to achieve sanction quotas without regard for natural justice or their welfare. Staff are being asked to behave in a manner that is against the department's values of integrity and honesty."

The complainant also alleged that senior managers electronically altered a claimant's file to make it appear they had been told to attend the job centre the following day when no such notification had been given. Failure to attend a job centre interview is grounds for sanction.

Obviously it's only on esource and one whistleblower, however:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/dec/09/iain-duncan-smith-dwp-stop-benefits-whistleblower

My girlfriends brother has basically been on benefits forever, he's a nocturnal waster who is late for everything. He has no kids and no responsibilities but still hasn't had his benefits stopped when he should be getting SFA imo.

They really do.

Archived