Nazi slurs from Better Together

jester

Kathy Wiles was selected on Monday to be the Labour Party candidate for Angus at the 2015 general election. On Monday she posted a comment on twitter in response to comments from her Labour Party colleague Duncan Hothersall about a group of small children who attended the protest, in which she used a picture of Hitler Youth under a Nazi banner to describe them. Her attempts to cover up her actions were laughable, almost akin to Luis Suarez’s claims that the other player "fell onto his teeth". Today, within 24 hours of her selection as a candidate she has been forced to resign, and rightly so.

For far too long there has been a drip, drip, drip of Nazi smears that have emanated from Better Together and the Labour Party. As far as I can see this was a policy emanating from the very top, and here we are today seeing resignations from the lower ranks, yet Alistair Darling, Johann Lamont and Coatbridge’s Elaine Smith have all used this type of language and are currently getting away with it.

It is no surprise therefore that new candidates such as Kathy Wiles follow the examples of their masters. I wonder how comfortable Ed Milliband, the son of a refugee from the holocaust is with these people on his team? When his own father was horribly attacked after his death by the press he said that it was for the people to judge whether this reflects the values and decency we should all expect in our political debate. As to his party’s contribution to the independence debate, I could ask him the very same question.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is a bigot. I think she also has said that the only people who should vote in the referendum are people who own property in Scotland.

A wee cracker.

I can't wait to see coverage of this story across the BBC.

She is a bigot. I think she also has said that the only people who should vote in the referendum are people who own property in Scotland.

A wee cracker.

She's a Kilmarnock fan :lol:

A wee cracker.

what she said was terrible, does not represent the views of the people of Angus, has apologised and resigned, story and her career finished

She is in the Labour Party so does not represent the views of the people of Angus.

Fixed it for you

She used to be a friend of the family when I was younger and always seemed OK so its disappointing to find out she has become so unhinged and foaming at the mooth about the nats.

I feel a bit sorry for some of these people though, encouraged by their leadership to use any old smears on salmond and the natz, how are they meant to know where the line is?

So pro-Union candidate deselected for making an unjustifiable slur and an arse of herself.. Excellent result. Trebles all round. We still have vestiges of democracy.

What's your point here?

What's your point here?

I think I made it. The lassie got found out and got deselected. Good.. We are all happy about that.

Edited to make it clearer: Had she not been deselected the OP would have had a point.

I think I made it. The lassie got found out and got deselected. Good.. We are all happy about that.

Edited to make it clearer: Had she not been deselected the OP would have had a point.

Splendid. It's high time people became aware there are fuckos on both sides.

what she said was terrible, does not represent the views of the people of Angus, has apologised and resigned, story and her career finished

Get a wee sneaky that you want to drop this terribly shameful episode from the unionist bigot brigade.

I personally think we can get a few more days out of it.

Happy days Ecto. :lol::lol::lol:

What does this have to do with BT? That would be like blaming Yes for Bill Walker...

BT are an "all party" group, Labour are one of the parties that make it up.

Well Darling hasn't been kicked out or had any disciplinary action taken against him

What does this have to do with BT? That would be like blaming Yes for Bill Walker...

Have you completely and utterly lost the ability to make a reasonable post these days?

The very definition of 'trying too hard'.

This is pretty embarrassing for both the Labour Party but also the BT campaign. A few weeks ago the media went daft over a mistaken e-mail. That was an embarrassment for both the SNP, and the Yes campaign (although nowhere near as big a deal as was made out of it).

I wonder how much coverage this incident will receive.

Archived