Racist Ulster Loyalists fly KKK flag in east Belfast

The rush on this thread to decry Northern Irish people (or half of them) as racist knuckle dragging morons thanks to this story is reminiscent of the way that EDL types seize on fundamentalist nut jobs to tar all the Muslamics with the same brush.

Sums it up. The last thing many of the people posting in this thread are interested in is genuine anti-racism in which all scapegoating and demonisation of other groups of people is actively combated.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://ladbelfast.tumblr.com/post/90549864612/meet-the-kulture-konservation-klub

I see that AJF has responded in his usual bigoted way by asking "what about themmuns?"

What areas in Belfast are beleaguered and under seige from Republican violence?

That's just yet another bigoted lie from you

And according to the denizens of the forum Pulse(a loyalist forum)the person who put the flag up is a nice guy who is an ex loyalist prisoner and flies the same flag from his own house all year round

Aaaaah, the resident fanny returns. I saw you lurking and wondered when we would get your usual shitfest? I've proved you wrong on so many occasions it's almost embarrassing now. Still trying to blame Linfield for sectarian murders, are we?

I do not ask, "what about themmuns", instead I strongly condemned racism and then posited some potential reasons for the "mistaken" and "misplaced" thinking of some, ie the racists from those communities.

Regarding the flag, the guy is quite clearly a fanny and the police should go round and arrest him for a "hate" crime if he is flying that piece of shite.

As for the areas under siege, Torrens estate was enthically cleansed, Cluan Place has cameras monitoring their travails, and Glenbryn/Alliance is slowly being eroded by attacks orchestrated in Ardoyne, but let's keep to the topic, shall we.

Here is another example of something that needs addressed. I have no idea if this village is Unionist/Nationailist, but this is like something from the Sixties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-28128657

Aaaaah, the resident fanny returns. I saw you lurking and wondered when we would get your usual shitfest? I've proved you wrong on so many occasions it's almost embarrassing now. Still trying to blame Linfield for sectarian murders, are we?

I do not ask, "what about themmuns", instead I strongly condemned racism and then posited some potential reasons for the "mistaken" and "misplaced" thinking of some, ie the racists from those communities.

Regarding the flag, the guy is quite clearly a fanny and the police should go round and arrest him for a "hate" crime if he is flying that piece of shite.

As for the areas under siege, Torrens estate was enthically cleansed, Cluan Place has cameras monitoring their travails, and Glenbryn/Alliance is slowly being eroded by attacks orchestrated in Ardoyne, but let's keep to the topic, shall we.

Here is another example of something that needs addressed. I have no idea if this village is Unionist/Nationailist, but this is like something from the Sixties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-28128657

Noticed that yesterday myself, and was surprised one of our resident pointers-out-of-how-bigoted-(half)-of-Northern-Ireland is didn't post the link.

Probably because they didn't know whether it was Nationalist or Unionist, either.

My bet is it's Nationalist - it's too well written to have been done by loyalists.

(I think it is Unionist, actually).

Bloody immigrants, coming over here, taking our lack of jobs...

As a slight aside, we were in the Ginger Root restaurant in Great Victoria Street, Belfast one night, one the cities best Indian restaurants, and we had nearly finished our meal when, as usual, we were given a round of free drinks for our regular custom and excessive spending on wine and Cobra. As the drinks arrived we overheard a group of guys speaking in a foreign language near our table, (Polish I think), and one or two of our party glanced in their direction, more out of nosiness than ulterior motive. As we did so the stunning Indian waitress said, "Bloody foreigners, coming over here, stealing our jobs".

Note for the terminally dim and those who seek out things that aren't there, she was joking.

Noticed that yesterday myself, and was surprised one of our resident pointers-out-of-how-bigoted-(half)-of-Northern-Ireland is didn't post the link.

Probably because they didn't know whether it was Nationalist or Unionist, either.

My bet is it's Nationalist - it's too well written to have been done by loyalists.

A lack of spelling mistakes too. ;)

I remember some dimwit in Ballysillan took the time and trouble to paint in great big letters, "All Tigs are targets". I hope they didn't trust him with a gun?

A lack of spelling mistakes too. ;)

I remember some dimwit in Ballysillan took the time and trouble to paint in great big letters, "All Tigs are targets". I hope they didn't trust him with a gun?

Think I've mentioned it on here before, but in a part of Glasgow called Yoker, there is a bit of graffiti on the wall beside the Yoker Ferry which reads "for god and ulser". Always makes me chuckle thinking about how much this individual cares about canker sores.

Looks like the flags and bunting are up for the 12th on the left of the picture, but any nutter could drive up and do that in a minute or so with a cut out template and a can of spray paint.

Much as I would like to agree with you, I doubt very much that there are car loads of nutters driving round mid ulster with cut out templates and cans of spray paint deciding to randomly put up threatening messages wherever the fancy takes them.

I don't think this could have been put up without getting the nod from the local defenders of the union, unfortunately.

The fact that the local Sinn Fein MP jumped on it so quickly would point to the fact that so called loyalists are behind it.

Much as I would like to agree with you, I doubt very much that there are car loads of nutters driving round mid ulster with cut out templates and cans of spray paint deciding to randomly put up threatening messages wherever the fancy takes them.

I don't think this could have been put up without getting the nod from the local defenders of the union, unfortunately.

The fact that the local Sinn Fein MP jumped on it so quickly would point to the fact that so called loyalists are behind it.

Certainly looks that way, not an act of random vandalism in any way, shape or form.

LTL's reply will definitely include the word "agenda" at least once.

(I think it is Unionist, actually).

Maybe, just maybe, it's a whole other form of bigotry!!!!

Think I've mentioned it on here before, but in a part of Glasgow called Yoker, there is a bit of graffiti on the wall beside the Yoker Ferry which reads "for god and ulser". Always makes me chuckle thinking about how much this individual cares about canker sores.

Hmm, that sounds like one to confuse certain people.

Offer them 3 counties from the rebublic but only on the condition that they have to be known as ulcer and ulcermen.

I wonder how many would jump at that................

Maybe, just maybe, it's a whole other form of bigotry!!!!

Maybe it's a double bluff - educated loyalist racists erect a well constructed, well written, lucid "warning", and everyone will assume the nationalists did it, because of the very fact it is well written, etc. :lol:

This thread has certainly helped to identify a few additions to my ignore list. On the Moygashel thing, it obviously wasn't done at random on a whim but the old maxim qui bono is worth bearing in mind sometimes. Probably Loyalist but the lack of pathetic spelling mistakes and the obvious potential for negative publicity leaves a lingering doubt.

This thread has certainly helped to identify a few additions to my ignore list. On the Moygashel thing, it obviously wasn't done at random on a whim but the old maxim qui bono is worth bearing in mind sometimes. Probably Loyalist but the lack of pathetic spelling mistakes and the obvious potential for negative publicity leaves a lingering doubt.

It's the only plus point from these type of threads, quite frankly.

You just cannot accept that the blame for these incidents comes from the loyalist side, can you? No matter what evidence is presented, even jacksgranda, a member of the OO, is telling you it's pretty clear which side this is coming from, and you still put your proverbial fingers in your ears and sing "la la la, can't hear you".

Archived