New CSCS Exam

Went to renew my CSCS today as it expired at the end of the month and i need it for a new site on Monday. Went to the training centre to be told as of the 1st of July the course has changed to a two day course and is £230. Not only that i cant sit it until the 30th July.

Now maybe my ignorance in not checking but surely you should get notified that this is happening. I'm self employed and all my tickets are sent to my house but i never received anything about changes. I have signed a contract to do a job within a timescale of 4 months and although having a cscs for 10 years i have had to blag and plead to be allowed on site for a month without one.

Personally i think its an absolute joke someone could be left without work because of this and im sure im not the only one in this situation. Another joke is the £230 fee a rise of £150, its getting more expensive to work

Cock Suckers Community Certificate?

Seriously I have no idea what that is.

I have a CSCS card but not entirely sure what the letters stand for - its to do with construction and getting on to building sites

i think its Consctruction Skills Certificate Scheme (without googling)

I've let my gold category run out as thankfully I don't go on sites very often anymore. It is a farce of a system though, and nobody is actually safer for it. It's just part of the job creation and money for old rope culture of Health & Safety experts these days.

Went to renew my CSCS today as it expired at the end of the month and i need it for a new site on Monday. Went to the training centre to be told as of the 1st of July the course has changed to a two day course and is £230. Not only that i cant sit it until the 30th July.

Now maybe my ignorance in not checking but surely you should get notified that this is happening. I'm self employed and all my tickets are sent to my house but i never received anything about changes. I have signed a contract to do a job within a timescale of 4 months and although having a cscs for 10 years i have had to blag and plead to be allowed on site for a month without one.

Personally i think its an absolute joke someone could be left without work because of this and im sure im not the only one in this situation. Another joke is the £230 fee a rise of £150, its getting more expensive to work

What training centre is that through? I think they're at it mate. A few years ago my gaffer was phoned by a training centre saying that it was now illegal to work on a site without a CSCS and quoted him around £400 per person!!

I did a smsts course at TALA last month and spoke to the tutor in depth about the CSCS and he didn't mention any changes that were being made. I think it's about £50 to get it done there. My card ran out last month so i'm going to get a new one sharpish.

What training centre is that through? I think they're at it mate. A few years ago my gaffer was phoned by a training centre saying that it was now illegal to work on a site without a CSCS and quoted him around £400 per person!!

I did a smsts course at TALA last month and spoke to the tutor in depth about the CSCS and he didn't mention any changes that were being made. I think it's about £50 to get it done there. My card ran out last month so i'm going to get a new one sharpish.

They've changed the CPCS, but I didn't realise they'd changes the CSCS. Nothing as major as what he's describing though.

Forde Training. I spoke to Sibbalds as well and hey never even had a date to do it. Its on the website about all the changes

although i have a card.imo they are a load of shite.they say it is for health and safety,bollocks.

its to keep tabs on illegal workers imo.how can it be a health and safety scheme when on sites you come

across polish and other nationalities who cant speak a word of english.its a money making exercise end off.

Archived