The germans plan for messi in the final

kevthedee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why all the love for Germany?

For me, this German team is as close as it gets to when you're a wee kid and you just like certain teams you've no actual connection to.

They're a brilliantly balanced team, I like watching players that are both tactically and technically excellent and a few of their players seem like quite likeable c***s. Can never usually bring myself to care about the results of neutral teams, but I really want Germany to win this.

I'm a bit of a Germanophile in general atm for some reason.

I love their attacking style and the seethe off the Saxon media is something to behold.

Plus there's that.

The real problem is that Argentina have never found a team shape that works with Messi in it. Opponents now flood midfield to take away the space for Messi to make his runs. The rest of the ream tends to look at this happening and wondering what they should do now.

Oddly enough when 1-0 up on Brazil the Germans allowed them a he'll of a lot of possession and space to come at them before the second goal and the farce that followed. Not recommended tactics against Messi.

It's been deleted. I never seen who started it, so it must have been rudicantfail. Guy deleted all of his posts on the Iran game thread when he had a total nightmare, and has now done the same again. Some folk in that thread actually had some rational thinking about Messi not being the best, but that w****r made a total arse of it, and so went to the usual Plan B of kidding on it never happened.

The real problem is that Argentina have never found a team shape that works with Messi in it. Opponents now flood midfield to take away the space for Messi to make his runs. The rest of the ream tends to look at this happening and wondering what they should do now.

Have to disagree to an extent. During qualifying and all the way up to the World Cup the team fitted him like a glove. Key injuries (particularly to Gago and Aguero) haven't helped and they've certainly been off the boil at this tournament in comparison.

So yeah, they've not really coalesced as a team the last month but in general (and on paper) the team works extremely well with Messi in it.

It's been deleted. I never seen who started it, so it must have been rudicantfail. Guy deleted all of his posts on the Iran game thread when he had a total nightmare, and has now done the same again. Some folk in that thread actually had some rational thinking about Messi not being the best, but that w****r made a total arse of it, and so went to the usual Plan B of kidding on it never happened.

Can you remove a thread altogether if you started it?

I didn't know that. I knew you could lock them, but deleting it completely is like attempting to stuff the genie back in the bottle.

Shouldn't be allowed.

So what was Germany's plan exactly? "Oh whatever we'll just let Manuel take care of it"?

I'm not sure they needed a plan - they defended well against him when he had the ball but barring a few runs forward he didn't trouble them that often.

Archived