The debate settled - Maradona is the best

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you realise posts are deleted when an account is banned ya fucking simpleton, now pipe doon :lol:

Pretty sure I've seen posts from posters marked "Banned". Don't you have some paint to lick or something?

I think we'll leave this debate to the people that matter, the Argies themselves. Seemingly no contest and I agree

In fairness, football fans can't be trusted to be objective when it comes to stuff like this. When I watched the Brazil Germany game with tens of thousands of Germans, Joachim Löw vame up on the screen and he got booed, tonight they were singing his name. Of course they'll say Maradona is better, doesn't mean he definitely is.

Anyway, I don't know for sure how Messi compares to the other greats, but I do know he's done something right to have a man sign up to a messageboard (again) with the sole intention being to mock him. What a fucking tragedy the OP is, sort it out FFS.

Leaving aside the pointless argument of comparing players across eras, does anyone actually believe that Messi was the best player at the tournament?

Not even close to it.

The most influential player in the tournament was David Luiz, 50 fcuking million, if that fanny Mourihno fell in the Thames he'd come back out with a Salmon in his pocket, knowing him it would already be smoked and cured.

Leaving aside the pointless argument of comparing players across eras, does anyone actually believe that Messi was the best player at the tournament?

No, and I think Messi knows that himself. He looked utterly bemused and embarrassed to receive the award.

No, and I think Messi knows that himself. He looked utterly bemused and embarrassed to receive the award.

To be fair, he looks like that a lot of the time. But yeah, he was probably pretty surprised. There were plenty of people in front of him in the queue - if it had to be someone in the stadium (baffling if that's the case) then there were plenty of men in a German shirt that deserved it more

Probably not, but he had a very, very good tournament. It's hardly a disgrace that he won.

I think its quite disrespectful to the other Argentina players to suggest Messi dragged them to the final. He did score a few goals and create a few but credit has to go to Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Mascherano ect for the amount of clean sheets they kept.

If Higuian scored that chance and Argentina go on to win the match 1-0 does that make Messi the best player ever?

Nothing changes for me. He is still the best of this generation and one of the best ever, obviously the thing he doesn't have in common with the likes of Pele,Maradona , Zidane is he hasn't won the WC (yet) but the amount he has done at club level surely evens it out?

It's impossible to compare players from different eras, there really isn't much point in doing so.

Archived