The debate settled - Maradona is the best

That's not a fact at all. It's deductive reasoning which serves an agenda.

No, it's not.

He could have delivered a performance on Sunday which would have enhanced his stature.

He didn't. He had little impact overall, but found time to miss a very good chance, before skying a late free-kick which had attracted a great deal of attention.

Those are facts. I have no agenda, but know from experience that you often arrive at debates with one you're unable to convincingly support.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What agenda can I possibly have in regards to Messi?

He had, at best, a decent tournament. He showed flashes of brilliance but too often was not able to display his talent. I really don't understand how folk can say he was shit or that he was great.

No, it's not.

He could have delivered a performance on Sunday which would have enhanced his stature.

He didn't. He had little impact overall, but found time to miss a very good chance, before skying a late free-kick which had attracted a great deal of attention.

Those are facts. I have no agenda, but know from experience that you often arrive at debates with one you're unable to convincingly support.

I have no idea who you are, nor what you are talking about. This is a football forum. Cheers for the ad hominem though.

I have no idea who you are, nor what you are talking about. This is a football forum. Cheers for the ad hominem though.

Not a problem.

I've no idea who you are either but I've read some of your inane prattling before and remember it.

I'm thinking of nonsense you spouted about Mark McGhee's managerial record , as well as some drivel about a 'keeper getting under-21 caps.

I'm sure there'll be lots more.

Regarding anyone who doesn't share your view of Messi as having an agenda, is yet more of the same.

Not a problem.

I've no idea who you are either but I've read some of your inane prattling before and remember it.

I'm thinking of nonsense you spouted about Mark McGhee's managerial record , as well as some drivel about a 'keeper getting under-21 caps.

I'm sure there'll be lots more.

Regarding anyone who doesn't share your view of Messi as having an agenda, is yet more of the same.

Jolly good. None of that was what I said though, was it?

What agenda can I possibly have in regards to Messi?

He had, at best, a decent tournament. He showed flashes of brilliance but too often was not able to display his talent. I really don't understand how folk can say he was shit or that he was great.

He was just another player most of the time.

Archived