What happens after a NO?

loyal-blue

I asked you if by that you meant No voters a less patriotic than Yes voters?.

Well obviously, how can anyone claim to be patriotic after voting against their country running it's own affairs? It's the biggest case of shitebaggery there is and it shows you have no confidence in your country.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I note Nicola Sturgeon has said in an article today that an independent Scotland will block the UK's EU reform plans.

How will a non-EU member do that?......

Was that a wise thing to say when Scotland would first need to apply to join the European Union and they'd be relying on the UK to support their application?

I note Nicola Sturgeon has said in an article today that an independent Scotland will block the UK's EU reform plans.

Was that a wise thing to say when Scotland would first need to apply to join the European Union and they'd be relying on the UK to support their application?

Political suicide that.

First of all, the SNP/Yes love to tell us how they wouldn't necessarily make up the first Scottish government. Bit of a sideways move to be telling us what the Scottish government is going to be doing after independence when you yourself are keen to talk down your chances of being in that government.

Secondly, given that rUK led by David Cameron are leading the charge for European reform, it's a bizarre move to say you're going to block this when you're going to need the support of rUK to even get in to the EU.

If I were in the Yes campaign I'd be secretly DELIGHTED that this nippy sweetie has been benched in favour of Alex Salmond because Darling would no doubt be ready to finish her off on Tuesday night.

Well obviously, how can anyone claim to be patriotic after voting against their country running it's own affairs? It's the biggest case of shitebaggery there is and it shows you have no confidence in your country.

Another "if you don't vote Yes your not patriotic" bawbag.

But wouldn't expect anything less from our resident ethnic nationalist.

:rolleyes:

He's only one of the ethnic nationalists in residence.

One of the worst , sure, but there are several.

ONE of the resident ethnic Nats. He is definitely amongst the worst of them but we must be pushing double figures.

You aren't, dress it up any way you want but you are voting against your country running itself.

You are showing you have no confidence in your country. Fact. How is that wrong saying that?

NO voters just cannot accept this which is why they always pull out the 'I'm as patriotic as anyone' line. Fucking tragic. :lol:

Mary Nesbitt hasn't got a clue, are these the people we really want to put up front!?

And who is she to say what an independent Scotland will do with regards to the EU, unless she's assuming that it's a given that the SNP will be running the show. F*ckin No chance!!

vxnezb.png

I take it thepundit got that from the Guardian.

She didn't actually say that at all.

"Free movement is an integral principle of the single market. There are issues of conditions in terms of benefits and such like, but one of the weaknesses of David Cameron's position is that the specifics of what he is trying to achieve are very vague.

"An independent Scotland would be a very constructive partner on the European and world stage and we would look to build alliances where it is right for Scotland. You know, we are not going to be part of this narrow-minded, Ukip-driven agenda of David Cameron.
"We will take positions on these things that we consider right, proper and in the Scottish interest."

I take it thepundit got that from the Guardian.

She didn't actually say that at all.

It's obviously what she is implying.

A silly thing to say.

That's like a footballer saying to the coach "I'm going to spoil your tactics for the match on Saturday but would you mind putting me in the team first?"....

A bold strategy. I don't think it will work! :)

That Jockholm poster. If that goes mainstream then Yes Scotland would become a laughing stock.

Yes, cos it's an official Yes publication. :1eye

ONE of the resident ethnic Nats. He is definitely amongst the worst of them but we must be pushing double figures.

You're rather cute when you're angry, Godzookie.

Truth hurts?

A No in this referendum is a Yes for Westminsteer.

Yes to austerity, Trident, WCA's, foodbanks, child poverty, zero hours contracts, massive gulf between rich and poor.

You're voting in favour of all those things by voting No.

Nothing. You claimed Yes voters were refusing to turn their backs on their country and I asked you if by that you meant No voters a less patriotic than Yes voters?.

I wouldn't say No voters are unpatriotic. In fact, I think it's takes a lot of patriotism to refuse to leave the sinking ship. And even if the ship doesn't sink, it is so rusty it should be laid to rest.

Mary Nesbitt hasn't got a clue, are these the people we really want to put up front!?

And who is she to say what an independent Scotland will do with regards to the EU, unless she's assuming that it's a given that the SNP will be running the show. F*ckin No chance!!

vxnezb.png

Who else is going to be running the show after a yes vote? The next Scottish parliamentary general election is in 2016.

I wouldn't say No voters are unpatriotic. In fact, I think it's takes a lot of patriotism to refuse to leave the sinking ship. And even if the ship doesn't sink, it is so rusty it should be laid to rest.

In what way is the UK a "sinking ship"?

Two months after independence day, yes.

I think two years is time enough to negotiate entry into the EU, the SNP have stated they will begin negotiations between the announcement of a yes vote, and independence day.

Archived