What happens after a NO?

loyal-blue

Political parties are guilty of putting their party before what's best for the country quite often, simply because another party came up with the idea and they don't want them to get the credit.

Have you only just started following politics recently?

Do point out what part of what you said has any relevance to what I said.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Radical Independence wouldn't call themselves Radical Independence after Independence :lol:

Man, imagine them trying to actually run a nation. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Not sure what they call themselves after Independence.

I'm not convinced the name/title is the most important thing, tbh :1eye

I don't think they would end up as the government of Scotland, but I've been impressed with RIC.

Is it.

But you said my only reason was that I'm a Rangers fan.

You seem very angry. Keep going, though. It's good for the No vote. :)

Still waiting on you providing a non Sevco reason for your No vote.

I doubt the Pie and Bovril forum is the only place he argues for Scottish independence.

You're right. The people in my work and at home get it tight as well. Fortunately they're all Yes voters.

I reckon the Union is working, and I don't think it only suits one part of the team. That's a myth which stems from irrational jealousy. (in my opinion)

But even if the Union wasn't working, the solution should be to work together to fix that, not to simply walk away.

What part of a £trillion debt would you deem 'working'? The UK is floating, just. The worse thing is that all the cut public services, wage cuts and austerity won't make a dent in this debt while still making the lives of millions of us worse.

What part of a £trillion debt would you deem 'working'? The UK is floating, just. The worse thing is that all the cut public services, wage cuts and austerity won't make a dent in this debt while still making the lives of millions of us worse.

The UK economy is one of the fastest growing economies in the Western world. Exceeding expectations, in fact.

The United Kingdom is obviously working. Far from the negative scaremongering the Yes supporters claim it to be. :)

The UK economy is one of the fastest growing economies in the Western world. Exceeding expectations, in fact.

The United Kingdom is obviously working. Far from the negative scaremongering the Yes supporters claim it to be. :)

There has been a lot more scaremongering from some Yes folk recently - almost (but not quite) as bad as BT's campaign shite.

A sign that they think they are losing?

It probably works for some people middle middle class and above but life for lower middle class and below life can be pretty bad.

And yet the only part of the UK thats getting any benifit from that growth is the south east of england.

Nowhere else. Nowhere.

UKG, blue or red have one priority. LONDON.

The rest can just suck it up.

There has been a lot more scaremongering from some Yes folk recently - almost (but not quite) as bad as BT's campaign shite.

A sign that they think they are losing?

IMO I just think the YES side is starting to get annoyed at BT constantly scaremongering so are turning things on their head and saying well what about this this and this we think this'll happen.

Just my opinion though and how I feel a wee bit aswell.

The No camp on this site just tends to be absolutely ridden with denial and deflection. I have still yet to see any positives from the No camp. Still coming out with lines of it all being about Alex Salmond and the SNP. I've posted plenty of reasons for voting Yes without a decent response. I'm a Yes voter because I don't want to feel the apathy and uselessness for a political system which i felt hasn't worked for me or my country. If a No vote is delivered I'll probably slip into voter apathy again. Ignorance is bliss after all.

I don't think I know anyone who intends to continue to vote for the SNP if Scotland votes Yes, and I know a lot of Yes voters. Most of them are traditionally Labour voters, some intend to vote Green, some favour Radical Independence. Like Confidemus said SNP are a means to and end. Just a part of the vehicle that will hopefully deliver an independent Scotland. If you don't want Salmond or SNP after a Yes vote, vote for any other party that is there. The SNP may actually be no more afterwards. Alex Salmond would have his legacy and his place in history. I would imagine he would quit while he's ahead.

After that we have a clean slate, and even Scottish Conservatives could have a new lease of life, and not be the tainted by thatcher party they are at the moment. Labour are becoming increasingly tainted.

I and many others just wish the deflectors would wake up, instead of just deflecting. Have some faith in Scotland and in yourself. We have a chance to build a modern democracy that's not tied to the old, debauched and corrupt London based establishment.

And yet the only part of the UK thats getting any benifit from that growth is the south east of england.

Nowhere else. Nowhere.

UKG, blue or red have one priority. LONDON.

The rest can just suck it up.

Agree wholeheartedly, and with high speed rail links all aimed at feeding the London monster at the expense of the north things can only get worse.

The Yes supporters' negative fearmongering proves they believe Better Together got their tactics correct and are going to win the referendum.

You're surely at the wind up here? If negativity was a measure of failure then the No camp might as well not turn up in September. I've never seen a more negative campaign in my life than the BT campaign.

You're surely at the wind up here? If negativity was a measure of failure then the No camp might as well not turn up in September. I've never seen a more negative campaign in my life than the BT campaign.

But they are well ahead in the polls and odds on to get the win.

Which is why Yes campaigners are stealing the tactics they criticised previously.

Ironic, isn't it?. :)

Archived