Worst Signings in Scottish Football History

I am surprised no one remembered Tore André Flo ?

Cost over £12 million and scored a couple of goals meaning he cost over £6 million a goal, surely the contender for the worst signing ever ?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised no one remembered Tore André Flo ?

Cost over £12 million and scored a couple of goals meaning he cost over £6 million a goal, surely the contender for the worst signing ever ?

Flo scored more than two goals and they got more than 6m back from Sunderland.

Must do better.

Soccerbase says Flo scored 38 goals in 72 games. At £6,000,000 per goal, that's a transfer fee of £228,000,000.

David Murray would have paid £300,000,000 for him then.

Flo scored more than two goals and they got more than 6m back from Sunderland.

Must do better.

Soccerbase says Flo scored 38 goals in 72 games. At £6,000,000 per goal, that's a transfer fee of £228,000,000.

Do excuse guys my brain isn't on full mode yet :(

He played two full seasons at Ibrox playing in 43 games with a goal return of 28 goals.

It cost Rangers around £446,429 per goal from him and that certainly makes him a candidate him for worst signing ever.

Do excuse guys my brain isn't on full mode yet :(

He played two full seasons at Ibrox playing in 43 games with a goal return of 28 goals.

It cost Rangers around £446,429 per goal from him and that certainly makes him a candidate him for worst signing ever.

Going by your logic, Bangura signed for Celtic for 2.2m and didn't score once so that makes him a bigger flop.

Going by your logic, Bangura signed for Celtic for 2.2m and didn't score once so that makes him a bigger flop.

Excellent point Bobby, but Flo was supposed to be one of the best strikers in Europe and Bangura was a gamble of sorts. I don't think Bangura played many games for Celtic before being shipped of on loan back to Sweden.

Flo with all the hype that came with him was being touted as Scotland's top scorer by a country mile because of his supposed pedigree.

I still rate Flo as the biggest flop in Scottish fitbaw though and I come a close second. 8)

United have an illustrious list of absolutely stinking players who all cost decent money....

Alex Mathie (£700k FFS!), Lee Miller (£250k :blink: ), Stevie Crawford (£80k :bairn) all fucking godawful strikers who have tainted the tangerine top.

Loads in the mid 90s to the early 00s whose fees are probably hard to find out, probably because to publicise them would have the agents done for Madoff proportions fraud in punting them as footballers.

Alex Mathie. Pound for pound is there a worse signing ever?

Put into context, he is our second highest transfer ever paid, just behind Steven Pressley at £750k

For that huge outlay, he scored 5 times in 2 years (only once at Tannadice) before being dumped at York City for free.

Martin Hayes, Celtic,

Brian o Neil, Aberdeen,

Jerren Nixon, Dundee Utd.

Husref musemic, hearts.

Keith houchen, hibs.

Na, while he's become a source of laughter for the 20 million tag put on him by Golac, Nixon was one of the most entertaining and exciting players I have ever seen at Tannadice. Very effective as a substitute. Shame how he's a figure of fun when he was a good player

Na, while he's become a source of laughter for the 20 million tag put on him by Golac, Nixon was one of the most entertaining and exciting players I have ever seen at Tannadice. Very effective as a substitute. Shame how he's a figure of fun when he was a good player

Aye Nixon was quality, one of my favourite players in my time following Utd. I'd have him on the bench in my greatest-ever Utd team for his entertainment value alone.

Surprised at the lack of mention for Stephane Bonnes!

_38732573_stephanebonnes150long.jpg

And you offloaded him to Thistle. You could another Gerry Collins' signing to the list - Jean-Yves Anis from Chelsea Reserves.

The worst Jags signing was probably Derek Johnstone as player-manager, appointed by Ken Bates to replace Bertie Auld! :thumbsdown

Would like to add Christian Nade (not sure if he has already been mentioned). Just a giant fat man, nothing more.

For Celtic,

Stephane Henchoz

David Fernandez

Momo Sylla

Michael Gray

Stephen Pearson (minus that goal he scored against Benfica)

Kenny Miller

Steven Pressley

Marc Crosas (only because the hype attached to it, Lawell talking up some relationship with Barcelona).

Henri Camara

Jereme Alliadiere (again, the hype more than anything)

Ian Wright

Juninho

Archived