Worst Signings in Scottish Football History

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbie winters wasn't "that" bad (except as a goalie in a cup final after an assault that would have been a jail sentence if outside a football field and should have been an immediate red card and a several match ban......but I can't be bitter, that "club" is dead now)

Robbie winters wasn't "that" bad (except as a goalie in a cup final after an assault that would have been a jail sentence if outside a football field and should have been an immediate red card and a several match ban......but I can't be bitter, that "club" is dead now)

was it not a career ender too? Although his bones were pretty much dust by that time anyway

was it not a career ender too? Although his bones were pretty much dust by that time anyway

He was retiring after that game anyway, but it could have been pretty nasty.

I completely forgot about tommy wright :o

Absolutely mental signing. 100k for a guy who couldn't play football and just fouled people.

Scored a cracking header in the last minute against us in Paisley if my memory serves me right.

Big donkey but it was some goal, not sure if it was worth 100k though!

How many clubs did Jim Hamilton play for? Would any fans of those class him as a "good" signing?

He played for us. For some reason quite a lot of our fans hate him and put him forward for 'worst ever XI' teams, but he wasn't that bad and most folk liked him until he got sent off in Sweden. I thought he was alright, and he scored a goal in our run to the cup final in 2007.

How many clubs did Jim Hamilton play for? Would any fans of those class him as a "good" signing?

I wouldn't have Jim on that list. only for this peach of a goal against us

Jean-Yves is, by all accounts, a gentleman. How he managed to captain the Chelsea reserves must be some tale. Gerry Collins said Jeeves was built like a Chippendale. Never told us he played like one most of the time as well.

Anis didn't captain Chelsea reserves. It was Andy Ross(and even then I think it was the Under 19s).

Scored a cracking header in the last minute against us in Paisley if my memory serves me right.

Big donkey but it was some goal, not sure if it was worth 100k though!

If it's the goal I'm thinking of it denied us our first ever league win at the new ground.

Eric Black signed some right awful players for Motherwell. Franck Bernhard springs to mind. Francois Dubourdeau, seem to recall he was absolutely immense in one game against the vile club that is now dead and other than that was dross but we all loved him simply for not being Stevie Woods. I also remember a guy called Daniel Sengewald who was dross other than one game which we randomly won against the vile club that is not dead.

If it's the goal I'm thinking of it denied us our first ever league win at the new ground.

Aye, 92nd minute or something. Pissing of rain, maybe a Monday or Tuesday night?

That was when we used to let in a ridiculous amount of late goals. I wonder how many we conceded after 80 minutes during that spell.

You'd put Winters in with Bernard as a decent player but not worth the money paid for. Unlike Tommy Wright who was hopeless start to finish. 100k we paid for him. Only half of what the Hibees paid for James Collins mind..

We also payed County 100k for Jimmy fucking Scott.

Archived