Best Pub in City Centre of Glasgow?

Grossi

Real fondness for rhoderick dhu. I always pop in for a pint if I'm around. Plus points are. Reassuringly busy

Lovely old school bar.

Always plenty of staff to serve

Inside smoking if that's your thing

The selection is okay but the toilets could be better is the only neg IMO

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in it once in its Monkey Bar incarnation, and once as Rust. Both times it was filled with "dressed neds".

I found it ok during the week if you wanted a pint and a game of pool, wasn't the greatest pub, but decent enough. Very seldom drank in it at the weekend, as it did seem to be a pub for the "young team".

Why? Because I don't enjoy drinking in the city centre? You might enjoy and and I'm sure lots of other people enjoy it also, I don't, I hate the place and I'm sure others feel the same way too.

No. Bacause you said " Glasgow is a terrible place to drink, the bouncers are all wanks and the locals are scummy c***s."

Which makes you an idiot.

...or you could go to some good places.

Aye. Shocking to have a bunch of owner-run places all serving home-made food, all with different beers, or in the cases of Ben Nevis, Distill, Bon Accord and Chinaskis having, respectively, the biggest selection of whisky, rum, cask ales and bourbon in the city.

Maybe stick to Yates', aye.

No. Bacause you said " Glasgow is a terrible place to drink, the bouncers are all wanks and the locals are scummy c***s."

Which makes you an idiot.

Aye. Shocking to have a bunch of owner-run places all serving home-made food, all with different beers, or in the cases of Ben Nevis, Distill, Bon Accord and Chinaskis having, respectively, the biggest selection of whisky, rum, cask ales and bourbon in the city.

Maybe stick to Yates', aye.

I find any time I'm in they are full of tossers.

Guest honestrae95

Since I moved to Finnieston a few months ago, I've hardly gone into town because I'm surrounded by decent pubs. Though if I was to drink in town, I'd go to The Ark just off George Square.

Since I moved to Finnieston a few months ago, I've hardly gone into town because I'm surrounded by decent pubs. Though if I was to drink in town, I'd go to The Ark just off George Square.

I've not been in there in years, used to be a regular haunt when I was younger, Friday night BBQ with a double vodka and fake red bull for about £2, couldn't beat it.

The Ark is about as close to the definition of a 'student pub' as you'll ever find. Which has some plus points, I suppose, but generally that makes it pretty shite.

Someone stopped me and asked me where "The Lab" was just off Buchanan street, I've never heard of it, anyone?

Often in The Lab after work. Nice, relaxed place with good tunes. It's a bit expensive, but far better than the surrounding mess of Wetherspoon's pubs.

City Centre pubs in Glasgow aren't the best. You basically have a choice between either soulless Wetherspoon's or scum-filled holes like Campus and Walkabout, with a few decent pubs scattered in between which of course are extortionate. If we're counting Finnieston in this then quite a few pubs out that way are worth a mention, but it's hardly the CC.

Guest honestrae95

The Ark is about as close to the definition of a 'student pub' as you'll ever find. Which has some plus points, I suppose, but generally that makes it pretty shite.

Often in The Lab after work. Nice, relaxed place with good tunes. It's a bit expensive, but far better than the surrounding mess of Wetherspoon's pubs.

I am a student, so that's most likely why I like it. That and my mates drink in there.

Was in The Quarter Gill for a few last Friday.

Brilliant pub, a proper old skool howf. £2.50 a pint - smell of pish gratis.

The one on Dumbarton Road in Partick, or the one on Oswald St? I'm guessing the second one given you described it positively.

City centre, just off Hope Street.

Most folk on this forum would probably be horrified by it, I just like old style pubs.

I was in on saturday to meet up with mates,but i had to take the missus to some fancy pants place in the merchant city for food first

City centre, just off Hope Street.

Most folk on this forum would probably be horrified by it, I just like old style pubs.

Ended up in there on Boxing Day before we went to the arches. Only the barman and a regular were in and he was telling us about how he delivered fish to Alloa once. It's a proper pub.

Ended up in there on Boxing Day before we went to the arches. Only the barman and a regular were in and he was telling us about how he delivered fish to Alloa once. It's a proper pub.

Aye, exactly. The guy that runs it even has the craggy face and bad attitude of a Glaswegian Moe Szyslak. Good pub.

Archived