Serie A 2014/2015

Zanetti

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure I heard Conte has been made the second highest paid manager in world football. No pressure there then.

Interesting its only a two year deal aswell

Cuadrado looking more and more likely to leave Fiorentina aswell

Said on the rumours thread that they're close to getting Marko Marin in as a replacement. Fiorentina play Real Madrid in a friendly on Saturday so it'll be interesting to see if Cuadrado plays in that. Still hopeful he'll stay but it's getting increasingly more likely he'll move.

I just noticed that the Italian Supercup is on 23rd December this year, not the usual start-of-season slot for such competitions? Any reason for that move?

They thought it would get in the way of Napoli's preparations for the CL qualifiers.

Around 5 million euros a year apparently!

It's a bit controversial as Prandelli was on approx 2 million euros a year and the FIGC only agreed to match this for Conte. Apparently, Tevecchio then got Puma to fund the remaining 3 million which they have done. There are numerous concerns about the implications of this - namely that puma sponsored players (such as Balotelli) will be more likely to be picked regardless of form.

I'm not sure if it will come to that but it's a bizarre situation and one to keep an eye on...

They thought it would get in the way of Napoli's preparations for the CL qualifiers.

Cheers. Seems a bit OTT. I'd wondered if they were moving it deliberately... I see the Swedish now play their Supercup the week after the season finishes, for example, to make it more a big concluding showdown instead of a pre-season game. But you're saying it's just a "one-off".

Still a bit seething that Parma aren't in Europe this season. :thumbsdown

They've done okay in terms of transfers so far. I think keeping a hold of core players like Mirante, Cassano, Amauri, Paletta & Biabiany (although he was linked with a move to Inter last week) is good business, although losing Parolo is a blow. Rumours are Cassano has had a falling out with members of the coaching staff however. They've brought in Francesco Lodi from Catania this week, but Simone Pepe has turned them down - shame that, if he could stay free of injuries this year I would have thought he'd have been a good addition. It'll be difficult to replicate last season, but I think another top 10 finish is on the cards, and would probably equate to being a decent season overall.

I only follow Hellas accounts on Twitter that are in Italian so I've no idea who's been signed. Lots of Italian sounding people.

For what it's worth I think they're considerably weaker this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see them fighting to stay up.

Archived