Serie A 2014/2015

Zanetti

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I know this has done to death, but it's sad to see the quality of players on show in a Milan derby these days. Players who are either many years past their prime, or who 10 years ago would have been perpetually punted on loan.

There was a good article in the Sunday papers today about how much the Milan derby had declined so much in the last few years. Ten years ago or so it used to be a massive fixture but if I hadn't read that article earlier I'd have no idea it was even on.

It is a shame Italian football has fallen so low in the last decade or two, arguably even lower than French football. It would be great if the Italian teams could do well in the Champions League this season and get Italian football back on the European map

Also, I know this has done to death, but it's sad to see the quality of players on show in a Milan derby these days. Players who are either many years past their prime, or who 10 years ago would have been perpetually punted on loan.

I love watching Italian football but I agree entirely with this. Other than maybe the goalies, there was not one player on show tonight who would've got a game for the great Milan team of 10 years ago, or the Inter side who won the 2010 CL (apart from Muntari obviously :whistle ).

Decent game IMO, and probably the right result. Thought milan were quite dirty throughout, Muntari and Essien put the elbow in more than once.

Muntari did in Dodo and had blood pouring out his face!

Only saw the first half but it was a cracking goal from Menez.

Decent result last night for Chievo against Lazio. Hellas have been terrible recently, I really fancy them to go down.

Turin derby and Roma vs Inter today, should be interesting. Torino haven't beaten Juve in nearly 20 years.

Parma lose again. They're going down.

Yep, I think you might be right. It would take some effort now to turn this season into anything other than terrible for them. I reckon they'll be joined by Cesena and Hellas.

Last minute screamer from Pirlo wins it for Juve.

Literally 5 seconds left to play. Torino supporters must hate derby matches.

As if things weren't going to be hard enough for Parma to pull themselves up the table, they've now been deducted a point for failing to pay player wages. What an absolute mess the club has gotten itself in to since the end of last season: fucking up the opportunity to be playing European Football this season, 12 defeats in 14 games and now a points deduction. Relegation is probably on the cards and unless a buyer can be found (apparently a deal is close), then the mounting debts will see the club in the financial shitter again.

Archived