The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

They were all pretty shite this week, exemplified by someone making peppermint eclairs and taking star baker. Don't think there was a single bake that didn't have it's flaws.

On current form it looks like Flora, who I've tried but so far failed to like, is out next week. I'm hoping Ian can be dragged into it though, got a feeling he'll bottle it.

Gutted but he really had a stinking week. I've gotten every guess wrong so far but I'd be stunned if it's not Tamal, Nadiya and Ian in the final. Paul to go next along with Flora the week after.

God 2 posts above this I said Tamal would be gone soon :lol:

Finally after guessing incorrectly every episode I finally get it right! Felt you could have got rid of either Paul or Flora last night as neither have really excelled throughout the series. Flora always seems to be 3rd to 5th in most technicals and does well in 1/2 of the practicals. Paul is either bottom of the technical or in the top 2 while like Flora does well in 1/2 of the practicals.

Nadiya has come on leaps and bounds since the start. I hope Tamal or Flora wins it

As long as Ian doesn't win it I'll be happy. The Scottish lassie was fairly irritating so the right decision was made tonight.

I was a bit disappointed in my wife's selection of goodies for bake off tonight. No cakes for a start. The clotted cream fudge was excellent but I'd prefer her to pay more attention to the brief in future.

Flora basically needed a perfect 3 bakes to stay in. She only managed 1. No shock to see her go.

Will be surprised if Nadiya doesn't win it. Has come on leaps and bounds since the start while Ian has dropped significantly.

Thought she might sneak thorough after she won the technical but just came up short sadly.

Should be a good final next week, wouldn't say there's a clear favourite. Ian started the season well then faded, Nadiya started poorly then got better. Tamal has been consistently good throughout but only won star baker once.

Thought she might sneak thorough after she won the technical but just came up short sadly.

Should be a good final next week, wouldn't say there's a clear favourite. Ian started the season well then faded, Nadiya started poorly then got better. Tamal has been consistently good throughout but only won star baker once.

Ian's faded quite a lot in the last few weeks.

My money's on Tamal. I have a feeling the pressure will get to Nadiya.

It was right to see Flora go as she has never produced a flawless product in her time there and to win the final you will need to produce something extra special which Iain has done over the course of the show despite a dip in form. Flora has been a good solid performer throughout and don't think she has ever had a particularly bad dish either but there was always something stopping her from glory. God bless her :wub:

Reckon it will be Ian or Nadiya. Ian will come out with some sort of engineering genius in the final and Nadiya will stick to her sweet flavours and be really solid. I want Tamal to win though, been consistent throughout, I'm just worried that time will be his enemy at the end of the day. He seems like such a lovely guy.