The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

Aye, that spells the end of bake off's current height of popularity.

I know the BBC are always under pressure to cut costs where they can and get a good deal but get the distinct impression that the production company are being greedy b*****ds in this case and the BBC weren't having it.

Aye, that spells the end of bake off's current height of popularity.

I know the BBC are always under pressure to cut costs where they can and get a good deal but get the distinct impression that the production company are being greedy b*****ds in this case and the BBC weren't having it.

I think you're right. Apparently production company wanted £25m a year, 4x the current rate. BBC offered to double the current rate to £12.5m but refused to go up any further.

8 hours ago, Sooky said:

Apparently production company wanted £25m a year, 4x the current rate. BBC offered to double the current rate to £12.5m but refused to go up any further.

Just heard on the radio there that the production company is 70% owned by SKY.

Edited by FlyerTon

Mel and Sue will not be moving over. Assuming Paul and Mary do likewise, I reckon C4 have paid a huge amount of money for absolutely nothing. Viewership will plummet!

There's also something amazing about this coming up on my phone as 'Breaking News'.

Mel and Sue will not be moving over. Assuming Paul and Mary do likewise, I reckon C4 have paid a huge amount of money for absolutely nothing. Viewership will plummet!

There's also something amazing about this coming up on my phone as 'Breaking News'.

You would have thought c4 would have tied up the presenters and judges before departing with £25 million really.

11 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Is this true? I fucking hate those pair, and I only watch the show because I like the format. It's just good enough to withstand those two arseholes in my opinion. If they keep the format and Hollywood and Berry then I reckon just about any pair of presenters would improve it!

I like Mel and Sue. Am I in the minority?

I'm also a fan. Think they work well together.

With absolutely no reasoning behind this, I reckon one of Paul/Mary will go and one will stay.