The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

15 hours ago, The Naitch said:

That technical challenge was wild. 90 minutes wasn’t nearly enough.

When it's clearly a f**k up on producers part and no one succeeds in time then it shouldn't be judged. That wasn't the contestants fault.

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

When it's clearly a f**k up on producers part and no one succeeds in time then it shouldn't be judged. That wasn't the contestants fault.

Even Paul and Prue said before the showstopper that they wouldn’t be counting the technical when it came to star baker and who went home. A massive waste of time for all concerned.

15 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Even Paul and Prue said before the showstopper that they wouldn’t be counting the technical when it came to star baker and who went home. A massive waste of time for all concerned.

I missed that.

On 08/11/2023 at 09:03, Stu said:

Correct. What's next week's challenge? Roasting a chicken in 20 minutes.

Right person booted out. Final will surely be Dan, Josh and Tasha. Can't believe Josh only has one star baker - maybe his love of rugby is counting against him.

Also, with my pedantic hat on, am I the only one annoyed next week is called the quarter-finals?

Maybe not. Very poor week from Tasha and she deserved to go. Either the judges were desperately trying to save her with their comments or they were trying to build suspense as it was obvious she should go. Funny how they failed to mention her being bottom of technical in their discussions.

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Maybe not. Very poor week from Tasha and she deserved to go. Either the judges were desperately trying to save her with their comments or they were trying to build suspense as it was obvious she should go. Funny how they failed to mention her being bottom of technical in their discussions.

She seemed to have thrown the towel in a bit like Christie last week. I still thought Matty would go and felt they would try and get her into the final to even out the genders a bit.

Think Josh will win.

On 22/11/2023 at 18:33, The Naitch said:

Aye, Tasha was the right choice to go. Wasn’t her week at all.

Dan or Josh for the win, surely?

The BSL guy probably got further through than he expect, 9 weeks and back for final as all are at it so decent earner than had she been booted week one 🤣

i was 99% certain josh was winning after the showstoppers were complete based on how good his looked in comparison and the fact he was already considerably far ahead but fair fucks to matty who has been a far more likeable contestant. 

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Nothing against the guy, but Josh is the biggest dweeb I think I've ever seen on TV. I'm sure he's lovely, but I can't deal with a wet wipe like him winning tonight tbh.

I said as much earlier in thread.

Will catch up in show later in week

7 hours ago, RH33 said:

I said as much earlier in thread.

Will catch up in show later in week

i think he’s a perfectly nice chap. I think what people likes about Matty though was how he grew through the competition and always seemed like a dark horse.

Josh would have been a bit of a boring and predictable winner.

11 hours ago, throbber said:

i was 99% certain josh was winning after the showstoppers were complete based on how good his looked in comparison and the fact he was already considerably far ahead but fair fucks to matty who has been a far more likeable contestant. 

Aye clearly the judges, particularly Paul, thought Matty's showstopper tasted best by a distance, but there was still an element of me thinking they are just doing that to add a bit more suspense to a formality. So, as you say, fair fucks to him indeed!