Hearts v Hibs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind your season ticket so you can launch it onto the pitch :P

Couldn't forget the season ticket mate.

Since it's derby week. I'm going to take pics everything Beanz related i see and upload them on here

What is the Hibs team likely to be?

Oxley, Gray, Forster, Hanlon and Stevenson as the back five with Robertson and Craig CM, Stanton involved somewhere and Farid up front is a NAP. Whether it's 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and which two out of Allan, Harris, Kennedy, Cummings, Handling, and Heffernan play too is anyone's guess.

Handling looked pretty handy in the hole Vs Rangers. If he or Allan are playing through the middle I'd imagine our midfield will be kept busy. If Hibs play two strikers though I see us playing a 3 man centre midfield in Holt, Buaben and Gomis and dominating the midfield.

As an aside, what you lot thinking about that Oxley so far (outwith the goal obviously)? Never saw him Vs Livi obviously but he looked quite nervy Vs Rangers.

Must admit, David Gray looked pretty decent against Rangers as well.

Handling looked pretty handy in the hole Vs Rangers. If he or Allan are playing through the middle I'd imagine our midfield will be kept busy. If Hibs play two strikers though I see us playing a 3 man centre midfield in Holt, Buaben and Gomis and dominating the midfield.

As an aside, what you lot thinking about that Oxley so far (outwith the goal obviously)? Never saw him Vs Livi obviously but he looked quite nervy Vs Rangers.

Not really seen enough of Oxley to form a solid opinion, generally has done what's needed though. Gray is the signing I'm most impressed with, he was excellent against both Rangers and Livi, looks a very shrewd signing on a two-year deal as well. A right back that can actually defend is something we've been gagging on for years :lol:

Better than Tuesday then?

Zinger m8.

I doubt we'll have two out and out strikers for this one. Our midfield looked pretty easy for Livi to get in behind at times so Hearts would be worse for us, Craig and Robertson need someone close to them for the bigger games IMO. I'm wondering how Handling behind Farid with Cummings and Stanton out wide would do. Harris looked pretty average against Livi but Cummings switching in from the right sounds like it could cause all sorts of bother.

Too early to say with Oxley. He didn't have a huge amount to do against Livi but he did what he was required to do adequately. He looked shite for Sevco's first though, you're right.

I'm not convinced by Oxley tbh. Hope his confidence grows as the season goes on. He clearly doesn't like coming off his line for a cross.

I think we'll start Oxley, Gray, Forster, Hanlon, Stevenson, Robertson, Craig, Kennedy, Handling, Harris, El Alagui.

Heffernan out for Handling is what I expect will happen, Handling was v.v. dece at times against Rangers and I reckon he could cause problems for the Hearts defence.

Potentially should be the first decent game we've played in a while, both teams looking to play the ball on the deck and not hoofball.

Archived