Hearts v Hibs

I'm not convinced by Oxley tbh. Hope his confidence grows as the season goes on. He clearly doesn't like coming off his line for a cross.

I think we'll start Oxley, Gray, Forster, Hanlon, Stevenson, Robertson, Craig, Kennedy, Handling, Harris, El Alagui.

I think that's the team we'll see. As I said in a previous post that gives us Allan Cummings Stanton and The Heff on the bench which is actually pretty strong.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zinger m8.

I doubt we'll have two out and out strikers for this one. Our midfield looked pretty easy for Livi to get in behind at times so Hearts would be worse for us, Craig and Robertson need someone close to them for the bigger games IMO. I'm wondering how Handling behind Farid with Cummings and Stanton out wide would do. Harris looked pretty average against Livi but Cummings switching in from the right sounds like it could cause all sorts of bother.

Too early to say with Oxley. He didn't have a huge amount to do against Livi but he did what he was required to do adequately. He looked shite for Sevco's first though, you're right.

Must say I think you'd be doing us a favour playing cutting in wings. Our full backs tend to tuck in tight and McHattie struggles a bit with direct wingers but not so bad with people cutting inside. Think we could play Gomis and Buaben a bit deeper and stick Holt in front of them. Reckon Jamie Walker will make a return as well as King wasn't really in the game on Sunday.

Reckon our team will be something like:

Gallacher

Smith Ozturk Wilson McHattie

Gomis Buaben

Walker Holt Nicholson

Sow

Possibly Carrick playing in the hole ahead of Holt but I'd rather we tried to dominate games with a 5 man midfield while keeping our attacking presence. Could stick with McGhee also but not sure.

Also think that the younger players in particular were nervous against Rangers and made mistakes through that. They know they've beaten Hibs a few times last season so hopefully that should cut out the nerves a fair bit.

Hearts Daft makes a fair point RE: cutting inside and the Hearts full backs, but I don't get why Hibs fans would play Harris and not Stanton? I'm not saying Stanton was any better than Harris on Saturday, but surely at this moment in time Stanton has the better odds of opening beanz than Harris?

Stevenson was actually linking up very well with Stanton on Saturday, I'd rather keep that going for now. First the goalkeeper scores and then Lewis Stevenson turns into Gianluca Zambrotta. I think I tried to rip an eyeball out at half time to see if I could still feel.

Hearts Daft makes a fair point RE: cutting inside and the Hearts full backs, but I don't get why Hibs fans would play Harris and not Stanton? I'm not saying Stanton was any better than Harris on Saturday, but surely at this moment in time Stanton has the better odds of opening beanz than Harris?

Stevenson was actually linking up very well with Stanton on Saturday, I'd rather keep that going for now. First the goalkeeper scores and then Lewis Stevenson turns into Gianluca Zambrotta. I think I tried to rip an eyeball out at half time to see if I could still feel.

On the wing I'd rather have Harris, Stanton has been poor last couple of games and I'd probably bring in Kennedy in his place for Sunday, or play him or Handling behind Farid. Generally it'd be a no-brainer to start Stanton though I agree.

Why is it that Hibs rarely play Stanton through the middle? Despite being a Jambo I quite like Stanton as a player. He's a pretty tidy midfielder with a decent bit of composure in his game and can take it past a player in the middle. If he played for Hearts I'd want to see him played in the hole/CAM.

I reckon Kennedy and Harris playing wide and attacking the Hearts full backs is our best bet for getting a result out of the match, I wouldn't be against Stanton playing if it was in the hole behind Farid. I just feel Handling done enough against Rangers to start this game, it's good we have a few options now and it's a nice problem for the manager.

Why is it that Hibs rarely play Stanton through the middle? Despite being a Jambo I quite like Stanton as a player. He's a pretty tidy midfielder with a decent bit of composure in his game and can take it last a player in the middle. If he played for Hearts I'd want to see him played in the hole/CAM.

CAM is easily his best position and he played there nearly all of the games last season. He's got a bit more competition this year though which can only be good for him in the long run. Plus we don't have many players who can play wide.

CAM is easily his best position and he played there nearly all of the games last season. He's got a bit more competition this year though which can only be good for him in the long run. Plus we don't have many players who can play wide.

Must admit I thought he'd played out wide a lot last season. Seem to remember him playing once through the middle against us and he was very good.

Oxley, Gray, Forster, Hanlon and Stevenson as the back five with Robertson and Craig CM, Stanton involved somewhere and Farid up front is a NAP. Whether it's 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and which two out of Allan, Harris, Kennedy, Cummings, Handling, and Heffernan play too is anyone's guess.

Must admit I thought he'd played out wide a lot last season. Seem to remember him playing once through the middle against us and he was very good.

He also played a bit deeper at times, in a two in the middle but he's better pushed forward in the hole, IMO.

Atm it's all just potential like a lot of young players, hopefully he kicks on this year because he could be a very good player.

I reckon the team will probably be the same aside from the enforced goalkeeper change. Neilson went for McKay over Smith when he took McGhee off which suggests he maybe doesn't think he's ready to be chucked into a big game. I wouldn't imagine he'd start with McKay at right-back either. I thought King was decent enough yesterday and Walker is a good option off the bench. We'll be aiming to be on the front foot more often in this game so I think we'll stick with Carrick in behind Sow.

The full-backs are definitely the areas of greatest concern for this weekend with Paterson out and us yet to sign a left-back. I'd also say that, although Ozturk looks strong on the ground with tackles/blocks etc., he hasn't really been tested against a physical target man like El Alagui yet. Gallacher's also a bit of a strange one, with various reports saying he's either very good or total shite. He had bugger all to do against Rangers except pick the ball out of the net so it's hard to judge based on that game.

There are a few question marks over the defensive side and I'd be much more confident if Paterson and Alexander were playing but hopefully we've got enough about us from midfield to front to win the game. Hibs' defence is largely the same as last year and also have an unknown quantity in goal so I don't think either side can confidently predict a win.

I reckon the team will probably be the same aside from the enforced goalkeeper change. Neilson went for McKay over Smith when he took McGhee off which suggests he maybe doesn't think he's ready to be chucked into a big game. I wouldn't imagine he'd start with McKay at right-back either. I thought King was decent enough yesterday and Walker is a good option off the bench. We'll be aiming to be on the front foot more often in this game so I think we'll stick with Carrick in behind Sow.

The full-backs are definitely the areas of greatest concern for this weekend with Paterson out and us yet to sign a left-back. I'd also say that, although Ozturk looks strong on the ground with tackles/blocks etc., he hasn't really been tested against a physical target man like El Alagui yet. Gallacher's also a bit of a strange one, with various reports saying he's either very good or total shite. He had bugger all to do against Rangers except pick the ball out of the net so it's hard to judge based on that game.

There are a few question marks over the defensive side and I'd be much more confident if Paterson and Alexander were playing but hopefully we've got enough about us from midfield to front to win the game. Hibs' defence is largely the same as last year and also have an unknown quantity in goal so I don't think either side can confidently predict a win.

In fairness, I thought Nicholson and King put excellent defensive shifts in on the wings in tracking back to help out our full backs, especially for the last half hour. McHattie and McKay were on bookings, yet they were jockying the Rangers players until King and Nicholson got back to make a challenge.

I'd expect us to be more on the front foot from the start. Even if Hibs play three in the middle, I'd like to think with it being a smaller park Team Buabis should have more than enough to deal with them, so that we can push two strikers onto their back line and see what they're really made of.

I imagine we'll stick with McGhee at RB which is fine if he stays on his feet. I'd definitely bring Holt in for Carrick and I'd rather see Walker start than King.

No really sure what to expect from Hibs. They're bound to be better than last season but that doesn't mean much. I think we're ahead of them in terms of the team gelling, despite the absences. If we keep El Alagui quiet there are very few goalscorers in that team so I expect us to have enough for a win

I imagine we'll stick with McGhee at RB which is fine if he stays on his feet. I'd definitely bring Holt in for Carrick and I'd rather see Walker start than King.

No really sure what to expect from Hibs. They're bound to be better than last season but that doesn't mean much. I think we're ahead of them in terms of the team gelling, despite the absences. If we keep El Alagui quiet there are very few goalscorers in that team so I expect us to have enough for a win

Don't think King deserves to be dropped - put in an excellent shift at Ibrox and more than merits a place in the starting 11.

Don't think King deserves to be dropped - put in an excellent shift at Ibrox and more than merits a place in the starting 11.

Worked really hard. Very little threat though.

tbh I'm no fussed whoever plays of the two but I'd go with Jamie. Most important thing is getting plenty of the ball to the front players because that is a very dodgy defence they've got.

Is this heading for a sell out? Possibly the highest capacity for a lower tier match in Scotland not involving the Old Firm in history?

Hearts end totally sold out - think the Hibs end will be close. They are pretty enthusiastic since their fluke goal earned them a win against Livingston.

Not really seen enough of Oxley to form a solid opinion, generally has done what's needed though. Gray is the signing I'm most impressed with, he was excellent against both Rangers and Livi, looks a very shrewd signing on a two-year deal as well. A right back that can actually defend is something we've been gagging on for years :lol:

You just need the same now at left back!

Archived