Hearts v Hibs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked really hard. Very little threat though.

tbh I'm no fussed whoever plays of the two but I'd go with Jamie. Most important thing is getting plenty of the ball to the front players because that is a very dodgy defence they've got.

Which was the exact reason for playing him. The whole point of having him play was the fact that he would work hard in tracking back. Something I very much doubt Walker would have offered.

It's a derby. I fancy us to win every derby. With confidence at a high, and a good group of players I see no reason as to why we shouldn't win comfortably.

I just don't think it'll be as comfortable as you believe.

If we keep Sow quiet & get on top of Gomis & Buaben and shut them down quickly then that'll nullify your play as it seems Neilson wants Hearts to get the ball from back to front as quickly as possible through the centre of midfield.

If we keep Sow quiet & get on top of Gomis & Buaben and shut them down quickly then that'll nullify your play as it seems Neilson wants Hearts to get the ball from back to front as quickly as possible through the centre of midfield.

True, but if you nullify the three main players of any team you'll have a chance. The trick is actually doing it.

I'd be happy with a shite game, no fitba at all, 1-0 win with a jammy goal off sows arse! Hibs will without doubt, give us more of a challenge then the rangers. Think we have a better team on paper, but not by as much as some jambos think!

Nullify all of them and you might win.

As to midfields, is one needed when the goalie just hoofs it to the other end?

Aye you're right.

Sow is definitely the danger man, quite gutted we didn't bring him in when we had the chance.

I would fancy Gomis and Buaben to win the midfield battle with any team in Scotland outwith Celtic. Sow is a real handful, he showed on Sunday that he won't be bullied and that he can actually play a bit too. I look at your players, and I see no real standouts. I hope Nelson is playing on Sunday because Sow will drag him all over the park, and lastly we've still got 3 or 4 key players to come into the squad, if not the starting 11 from Sunday. Extremely optimistic about the season ahead.

If Sevilla can mark Ronaldo, Bale, Rodriguez out the game then they should stroll to Super Cup success...sounds easy when you just have to say it, totally different kettle of fish doing it.

Hibs have consistently failed to keep our 'Big Game Players' quiet in Derbies, why do you think they will suddenly be able to now?

Rangers tried to 'shut us down quickly'. We won the game.

I'd be delighted if Liam Craig and Scott Robertson spend the game charging about like headless chickens but unfortunately I don't think Alan Stubbs is that daft.

If Sevilla can mark Ronaldo, Bale, Rodriguez out the game then they should stroll to Super Cup success...sounds easy when you just have to say it, totally different kettle of fish doing it.

Hibs have consistently failed to keep our 'Big Game Players' quiet in Derbies, why do you think they will suddenly be able to now?

Well not necessarily. A lesser team could go out, focus their efforts on succesfully nullifying a few of Real Madrid's players and still get ripped a new one. The strength of your team overall dictates whether it's possible to tactically single out certain players. It's why players like Griffiths have been in losing derby teams, despite being the best player on the pitch. The mince players around him allow marking him in numbers to be a good tactic.

What RVB is saying is that Hearts' focus will be through the two CMs and Sow, and that pressurising them will work. Whether this is true, I have absolutely no idea. Haven't seen enough of either team. It's not an illogical statement though.

Rangers tried to 'shut us down quickly'. We won the game.

I'd be delighted if Liam Craig and Scott Robertson spend the game charging about like headless chickens but unfortunately I don't think Alan Stubbs is that daft.

That is my concern a little bit. It won't be the tactic from Stubbs but both love a run about. If we're to have any chance, these two will have to be disciplined enough to play a system they probably don't like.

Well not necessarily. A lesser team could go out, focus their efforts on succesfully nullifying a few of Real Madrid's players and still get ripped a new one. The strength of your team overall dictates whether it's possible to tactically single out certain players. It's why players like Griffiths have been in losing derby teams, despite being the best player on the pitch. The mince players around him allow marking him in numbers to be a good tactic.

What RVB is saying is that Hearts' focus will be through the two CMs and Sow, and that pressurising them will work. Whether this is true, I have absolutely no idea. Haven't seen enough of either team. It's not an illogical statement though.

We played the ball through Gomis and Bauben a lot on Sunday, but when they were closed down quickly by Rangers we shifted the play out to King and Nicholson who also had very good games.

Neilson might also mix it up a bit and play Holt instead of Carrick who gives us another midfield outlet.

What Gomis and Bauben did particularly well on Sunday was create a yard or two of space for themselves and moving it on quickly. Fortunately for us this season it looks like we have attacking threats in various positions and with Wilson and Osturk (although he took time to settle) distributing well from the back I think we will do well on Sunday against Hibs.

All of this tactical mumbo jumbo will go out the window when Hibs plethora of World Class wingers line up to ANNIHILATE/SMASH/DESTROY Kevin McHattie.

I don't think he had anything on #captaincontinental on Sunday.

Comes on for a full back on a booking.

30 seconds later, gets booked for levelling one of the b*****ds.

87oGVGW.gif

Archived