Dundee United vs Motherwell - 13/08/14

While the early signs are promising for the centre-back pairing, I think we need to give it a round of games before we can draw any early conclusions. I want to see how they handle folk running at them, defend the near post, cover runs into the box, and so forth. Positional sense and reading of the game.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually my point was that Aberdeen were a better team - which is surely unarguable. Motherwell overall weren't much better than United and arguably not any better than the Perth bedwetters. Seems our Lanarkshire chums are a bit precious about their proud record in the league. Which is nice, I suppose.

^^^^^^^ Heads gone

Car crash stuff here.

Any manager will tell you the most difficult thing to do is win a league. If we discount the Celtic freight train Motherwell were clearly the best of the rest.

Any team can get favourable draws in the cup or perform in one off games but to win a league requires the level of consistency and mental toughness that clearly Aberdeen and Utd lacked in comparison to Motherwell.

Utd undobtedly had the better of Motherwell last year but Motherwell had the better of Aberdeen who in turn had the better of Utd. It's form against all the teams in the league that counts, not one off performances here and there.

To be fair I can see where PMS is coming from here. In much the same way that Hamilton were the best team in the Championship last year, when you take into account all the difference variables Aberdeen were comfortably the best of the rest last season. It is comforting that following Sunday we can already see that there is very little chance of that scenario playing out again this year.

I think your fishing here but if not please explain succintly why Hamilton were the best team in last years Championship.

Here is some pre-read material.

Dundee - Won 21 GD +28 Points 69 - Champions

Hamilton - Won 19 GD +27 Points 67 - Not Champions

Head to Head - Dundee vs Hamilton -

Dundee - Played 4 Won 2 Drawn 2 For 5 Against 1 Points 8

Hamilton - Played 4 Won 0 Drawn 2 For 1 Against 5 Points 2

Thanks

I think your fishing here but if not please explain succintly why Hamilton were the best team in last years Championship.

Here is some pre-read material.

Dundee - Won 21 GD +28 Points 69 - Champions

Hamilton - Won 19 GD +27 Points 67 - Not Champions

Head to Head - Dundee vs Hamilton -

Dundee - Played 4 Won 2 Drawn 2 For 5 Against 1 Points 8

Hamilton - Played 4 Won 0 Drawn 2 For 1 Against 5 Points 2

Thanks

Still no mention of discliplinary statistics in this little dissertation?

If it looks like a lure it usually is.

Still no mention of discliplinary statistics in this little dissertation?

If it looks like a lure it usually is.

As suspected.

Probably the level of dissertation required in your average East Angus university so I can see why you would think that took a bit of effort but it only took me 5 mins and I'm always happy to help the needy :P

I reckon PMS was fishing and I'm amazed at the number of folk who have taken the bait.

Motherwell aside, I think the category B team has had their day in the sun and we will see a growing number of their fans having to live of their Cup success for years (maybe decades) to come.

Using the Dundee fans' "Category B" patter? Really?

What the f**k happened here? :lol:

Anyway, after being full of confidence after a 3-0 away win at a place we've no won in years, and having the better of Motherwell the past while, I predict...

1-0 Motherwell

EDIT: Oh, damnit Gibby. :guns

Great minds. Or Simple Minds, I forget.

Using the Dundee fans' "Category B" patter? Really?

If you look back to the thread from which it originated I think you will find it was my suggestion.

BTW, piss of Michael, don't need any negative thoughts on here.

Drug induced optimism. Fair enough, was it Acid or mushrooms?

2-2

Oh and is the drum gong to be there , and will it be as annoying as last time?

You are not related to the Wine gum family are you?

Pull my strings can pull my plonker. Including cup games in any summing up of the season before. That only happens from those fans where guess what - they had good cup runs.

No-one is giving us a chance tonight. Almost as if we are playing Inter Milan. That said I also believe a bum raping is on the way. Hopefully McCall can use that as his team talk.

United Arbroath 36 - Motherwell Bon Accord 0

Archived