Forfar v Dunfermline

There is no such thing as a 'bogey' team, you either play well enough on the day to give yourselves a good chance of winning or you play poor and you deserve to lose like we did yesterday.

If you aren't concerned right now that's fine, don't get upset just because others can see the warning signs and problems earlier than you.

Every team has A 'bogey' team. I suppose you're quite a young'un - so in years to come, you will associate a team as a bogey for us.

Please feel free to bring this thread up at the end of the season. I'm out of the petty argumemt - you have my thoughts and you can prove me wrong at the end, cheers.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officially in the JJ get to f**k camp now.

He is totally clueless. There's no excuse for not scoring against part-time teams, with all due respect. We have been utter shite for most of 2014, 2 consecutive relegations, yes, I am counting last year's demotion, bar the off field problems, we had it totally within our grasp and managed to f**k it up spectacularly. Last season's absolute shambles against Cowden in front of so many fans as well, but naw, that's okay cos 'he pure stood by us ken when we were in bother like!' Pish. Football is results and performance based and if he can't provide the basis for those two footballing premises, given our budget compared to the rest of League 1, then he should GTF immediately.

There is no such thing as a 'bogey' team, you either play well enough on the day to give yourselves a good chance of winning or you play poor and you deserve to lose like we did yesterday.

If you aren't concerned right now that's fine, don't get upset just because others can see the warning signs and problems earlier than you.

This. I honestly don't know where the result are going to come from. We look totally bereft of any real dig and, in the final third, we look as potent as a dug with no baws. Airdrie will beat us at EEP just like they always do, but that's fine, they're a bogey team for us and we should focus more on the other matches.

Good and deserved win, Jeffries quotes are that of a cretin. Dunfermline did not look particularly dangerous and Moffat, who has run us a merry dance with Ayr plenty if times, looked a poor as I've seen him against us.

Thought everyone played well for us, Young looked the pick to me but really that was a rare occassion where everyone plays quite well.

After our Petrofac cup tie I didn't see the Pars starting this poorly..meanwhile we have maximum points. The mind boggles. Forfar were good against us at Starks in the league cup, so not entirely surprised at them winning yesterday however.

Officially in the JJ get to f**k camp now.

He is totally clueless. There's no excuse for not scoring against part-time teams, with all due respect. We have been utter shite for most of 2014, 2 consecutive relegations, yes, I am counting last year's demotion, bar the off field problems, we had it totally within our grasp and managed to f**k it up spectacularly. Last season's absolute shambles against Cowden in front of so many fans as well, but naw, that's okay cos 'he pure stood by us ken when we were in bother like!' Pish. Football is results and performance based and if he can't provide the basis for those two footballing premises, given our budget compared to the rest of League 1, then he should GTF immediately.

I would think both ourselves and you boys have quite a similar budget??

"We played some great football, created some good chances in the first half. If we had gone in 2-0 up at half time and I'm sure that nobody would have complained. It should have been three to be honest because of the nature of the chances.".....Jeffries you are a complete fucking nugget!!!

This. I honestly don't know where the result are going to come from. We look totally bereft of any real dig and, in the final third, we look as potent as a dug with no baws. Airdrie will beat us at EEP just like they always do, but that's fine, they're a bogey team for us and we should focus more on the other matches.

We'll beat Airdrie because they're pish and have lost their best players, fact is though a victory won't change things, unless he changes the squad(provides width, plays his nest players, punts Byrne) then it won't matter in the grand scheme of thing, he'll use a victory over Airdrie as vindication for his fucking dogshite team selections.

Well, we'll probably double the crowds you get so probably not.

And we have the centenary club...

For as shit as we were against the Pars, they only beat us due to a wonder goal and didn't create much against a team that couldn't escape 1st gear.

Did that brilliant result that'll live forever in the memories of Pars supporters who were there that night paper over some big cracks perhaps?

For as shit as we were against the Pars, they only beat us due to a wonder goal and didn't create much against a team that couldn't escape 1st gear.

Did that brilliant result that'll live forever in the memories of Pars supporters who were there that night paper over some big cracks perhaps?

Given that the Rovers are the worst side we have played this season so far the failings weren't as apparent in that game.

As has been mentioned, Jeffries comments are slightly bizzare. We be good if he came out and said "we were beaten by the better side, no complaints" for a change. Would imagine Dunfermline will come good with their budget and full time status but it might be a bit tighter this season particularly with Jeffries in charge.

We were beaten by the better side. Very impressed with Forfar. No nonsense strong teamwork and that little bit of dig that we're missing. We'll pick up more points as the season wears on, and the full time status makes the difference, but Forfar won't be far off the top 4 with repeated showings like that.

Archived