Sportscene watch 2015/16

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note the line from Cockwomble:

"As part of that, we're also delighted that supporters will see enhanced match coverage, which we'll provide to the BBC as part of the new contract."

So the BBC still won't have ultimate control over the footage from non-live games, nor will they be able to do commentary "live" like MOTD. But if it means proper multi-camera coverage of more than just the games shown on Sky/BT then I suppose it's some improvement.

The Sunday slot is still shite though, but as said I think that's dictated by Sky/BT. Which is ridiculous, but does show how much control they have.

Note the line from Cockwomble:

"As part of that, we're also delighted that supporters will see enhanced match coverage, which we'll provide to the BBC as part of the new contract."

So the BBC still won't have ultimate control over the footage from non-live games, nor will they be able to do commentary "live" like MOTD. But if it means proper multi-camera coverage of more than just the games shown on Sky/BT then I suppose it's some improvement.

The Sunday slot is still shite though, but as said I think that's dictated by Sky/BT. Which is ridiculous, but does show how much control they have.

Your thinking too hard pal.

'Enhanced coverage', means 'we'll sort you out some Rangers games an all'.

c***s

All I want at this stage is a return to what we had last season, with five mins per game archived on YouTube.

I couldn't care less if there is an extra camera used, if it means all we'll get is 2-3 minutes of footage that is unavailable after seven days.

Your thinking too hard pal.

'Enhanced coverage', means 'we'll sort you out some Rangers games an all'.

c***s

Before Rangers went bust, it used to be the case that whichever of them or Celtic were at home, that game would have multi-camera coverage and be shown overseas. I do wonder if "enhanced coverage" does just mean that.

Incidentally, I see that Sevco fans are saying the increased money is because they are now in the Premiership. Well, no, because you've still had highlights on Sportscene for the past 4 years, which was covered by the previous £1.4m/year.

They were wanking on last night about this is a great deal for all fans of Scottish football.

Aye, I bet those Annan/Montrose/Stenhousemuir/Arbroath/Albion Rovers/Forfar etc fans are delighted that they can see EVEN MORE Sevco and absolutely zero seconds of their clubs on a Sunday night.

They were wanking on last night about this is a great deal for all fans of Scottish football.

Aye, I bet those Annan/Montrose/Stenhousemuir/Arbroath/Albion Rovers/Forfar etc fans are delighted that they can see EVEN MORE Sevco and absolutely zero seconds of their clubs on a Sunday night.

How have you come to the conclusion that this means more highlights of Sevco games?! :lol:

The news of increased cameras at games is very welcome indeed. I hope it means 4 cameras at every game. The amount of times I watch sportscene and there's an offside decision/penalty shout or even just a goal that would be better viewed from another angle, is ridiculous. Really frustrating.

Archived