Sportsound Watch

On Monday or Tuesday they were discussing the potential Celtic manager and Richard Wilson tipped Brendan Rodgers and the journo of the year Keith Jackson basically laughed in his face. Another spectacular blunder from him.

Excellent. I would love that to be clipped and played on continuous loop into his stupid ears for at least 3 days. Possibly 4.

He's been voted sports journalist of the year every year since he wrote the famous 'wealth off the radar ' story.

He must be untouchable.

Who actually votes for the sports journo of the year?

They were talking absolute pish about how Kilmarnock shouldn't celebrate staying up and were even more stunned at the pitch invasion. It was Willie Miller and some other Dafty. Twats.

They said the same about us last season.

Not one of the c***s understands what its like to pay in to watch a match,its always a job to them.

Chick Young was absolutely disgraceful yesterday at Hampden.

He interviewed Fyvie, Stubbs and Leanne Dempster. In each interview he desperately tried to take the discussion away from the match itself and onto the aggro at the end. He kept insisting that the bother had spoiled the day and ruined their celebrations. Funnily enough, all three of them disagreed.

That result really got to Chick and he was clearly in agony.

Which was nice.

Edited by Hammer Jag

Chick Young was talking shite yesterday as well. He made up a story about seeing some Sevco fans outside Hampden pat a young Hibs fan on the head and congratulate him. Just file that bollocks beside his other lies such as a tramp refusing a fiver from the Partick manager who got sacked.

Is Young gone yet? The season is finished. Can't wait to get this little cretin off the airwaves. In fact, with the exception of Tom English, I'd sack the lot of them. 'Biscuits', Derek Ferguson, Willie Miller, Liam McLeod, Richard Gordon, that guy who played for Hibs and Oldco and all the rest; every single one should be fired and replaced with people who actually understand what it's like to be a fan and who aren't mewling sycophantic mouth/arse pieces for Sevco and Celtic.

Quite enjoyed last night's podcast.

My favourite bit was when Kenny Shiels suggested only season ticket holders should be allowed to attend cup finals.  Good ol' Kenny.

More surprisingly, how the BBC can be accused of anti-Rangers bias when Richard Wilson is on I have no idea.  When Chick Young is the voice of reason in a debate you really have to worry!  In short, Wilson was defending Rangers' statements over the weekend while Chick rightly called them out as entirely unnecessary and inflammatory.

Tom English, as usual, was spot on too.  Dealt with the fact that Rangers have deliberately made him a target for their rent-a-mob very well.  Which also makes Wilson's defence of the club even more bizarre.

My favourite bit was when Kenny Shiels suggested only season ticket holders should be allowed to attend cup finals.  Good ol' Kenny.

More surprisingly, how the BBC can be accused of anti-Rangers bias when Richard Wilson is on I have no idea.  When Chick Young is the voice of reason in a debate you really have to worry!  In short, Wilson was defending Rangers' statements over the weekend while Chick rightly called them out as entirely unnecessary and inflammatory.

Tom English, as usual, was spot on too.  Dealt with the fact that Rangers have deliberately made him a target for their rent-a-mob very well.  Which also makes Wilson's defence of the club even more bizarre.

Just listened to this it's amazing how bias the BBC was against Hibs. 

Kenny Shiels wants Hibs to have 7,000 tickets for their next final. Aye nae bother.  :1eye

I believe Richard Wilson's words were "I think it was fair enough to release that statement."

Most of the time I think he's decent enough but that was laughable last night. Reminded me of the Sportsound special to celebrate Dave King ousting wicked Mike Ashley. When someone suggested King could have approached McCall or someone else to replace McCoist weeks in advance, Wilson said this was silly as King didn't have a mandate to do this. That, of course, is why potential new owners of clubs never have a new man lined up as manager  :rolleyes:

Billy Brown is on again this afternoon and he's great entertainment as usual.

'Ah honestly canna hink, who would do a better job than Gordon Strachan'.

BB: "We need tae be more optimistic"

Can we qualify for the the world cup?

BB: "[LONG PAUSE]...ach I don't know."

BB: "We need tae be more optimistic"

Can we qualify for the the world cup?

BB: "[LONG PAUSE]...ach I don't know."

I can only assume he's invited on for point and laugh material.

Also, isn't it funny that the same pundits who constantly tell us Scottish football has been shite since Rangers left the top league are the same ones who won't hear any criticism against Strachan?

• 3 weeks later...

What is the infatuation with Brown, Locke, Boyd etc. These muppets are constantly invited on to the show this past year.

Brown is thick as mince, Boyd can't string a sentence together and Locke is a two time failure who not only has worse vocabulary skills than Boyd, thinks people actually listen and agree with him. He's suicidal to listen too.

Why do the BBC bring these people on the show? I can't get my head around it.

And let's not start on Darren Jackson...oooft! Brutal.