Sportsound Watch

Guest JTS98
9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Typical North East bias. 

To be honest, in the last few years I think you could make a case for an Aberdeen bias in the BBC Scotland coverage.

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

To be honest, in the last few years I think you could make a case for an Aberdeen bias in the BBC Scotland coverage.

You could, at the weekends. The difference between now and the Traynor years, is that despite the output being almost wholly filled with Weegie born/based journos, miraculously not a one supported Timmy or Hunny. They were all Morton, St Mirren, Clyde or Airdrie fans. Remarkable achievement that :unsure2: Now, the likes of Richard Gordon at least admit to their allegiances, but you could hardly call him biased. 

However, I am backtracking a bit on my defence of Sportsound, due to listening to more than just midweek game day broadcasts and weekends over this last week. 

If there's no game through the week, it's horrific, Kenny McIntyre and his Rangers-fest, and studio filled with barely literate ex-**** and ****. There's a definite two-tier sportsound, that drivel, and the likes of a weekend's output. 

19 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You’re not alone. Much as it pains me, I listen to R5 most of the time as I just cannot take the cringeworthy, toecurling amateurism that is BBC Glasgow’s football output.
Their “jobs for the boys” recruitment policy sticks in the craw too.
C*nts.

I'm the opposite, Alan Green and co are appalling, and their knowledge of Scottish football is nil. When do they even have Scottish games on? 

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Thankfully they don't.

They did have both of the cup semi-finals on Sports extra.

My point was more that even though they weren't really covering the Rangers - Hearts game, just providing score updates, the presenter (Overrend?) got the basics of the situation right. Whereas the guy who was supposed to be specifically covering the game (Richard Gordon) got it horribly wrong.

Would it be possible, I wonder, for a 5 year old schoolchild to be brought in to teach some of the "pundits" the past tense of certain verbs, particularly the verbs to see and to go ?  These are people earning far more than the average fan and should be nowhere near a microphone with their inarticulate vocabulary.

To be fair to the average player, manager or pundit, while on mic/camera all of their brain power is probably being used up in order to stop themselves from swearing every fifth word.

5 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

Would it be possible, I wonder, for a 5 year old schoolchild to be brought in to teach some of the "pundits" the past tense of certain verbs, particularly the verbs to see and to go ?  These are people earning far more than the average fan and should be nowhere near a microphone with their inarticulate vocabulary.

Totally agree with you.  

You should not be allowed on TV or radio if you can't even speak proper English. Miller and Derek Ferguson are awful in this respect, although I like Ferguson's enthusiasm. 

Sportsound through the week is an utter embarrassment. Folk with barely double digit IQs shouting over each other about "he said, she said" about this or that childish weegie bollocks.

Sir Richard of Gordon however is a wonderful master of ceremonies, presiding over the weekends coverage like the radio royalty that he is.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Sportsound through the week is an utter embarrassment. Folk with barely double digit IQs shouting over each other about "he said, she said" about this or that childish weegie bollocks.

Sir Richard of Gordon however is a wonderful master of ceremonies, presiding over the weekends coverage like the radio royalty that he is.

More North East bias. 

Disgusting. 

17 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Totally agree with you.  

You should not be allowed on TV or radio if you can't even speak proper English. Miller and Derek Ferguson are awful in this respect, although I like Ferguson's enthusiasm. 

Miller? Willie Miller? Go and listen again, he is up there with Michael Stewart.

Ferguson however is in a league of his own, his awful reading back from his notes at half & full-time is primary school stuff. You can almost see the bookmark being held under each line so he doesn't lose his place. IQ of a coo.

1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

Miller? Willie Miller? Go and listen again, he is up there with Michael Stewart.

Yes Miller, his grammar is awful, and his total lack of professionalism in not even pretending to know player's names is shocking. 

I don't always agree with Michael Stewart but at least he can speak properly and put up a balanced argument, unlike Willie Miller. 

2 hours ago, fatshaft said:

Ferguson however is in a league of his own, his awful reading back from his notes at half & full-time is primary school stuff. You can almost see the bookmark being held under each line so he doesn't lose his place. IQ of a coo.

Red tinted glasses totally opaque it seems.

He's awful. Dour and disrespectful to teams, lazy and disinterested on most occasions. Not researching the opposition for Scotland/Scottish teams in Europe/big teams in the cup is absolutely unforgiveable.

And as for his schtick about how somehow we need to magic Dundee Utd and whichever "big teams" are struggling at the time, to the top of the tree is nauseating.

Stewart's light years ahead.

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Red tinted glasses totally opaque it seems.

He's awful. Dour and disrespectful to teams, lazy and disinterested on most occasions. Not researching the opposition for Scotland/Scottish teams in Europe/big teams in the cup is absolutely unforgiveable.

And as for his schtick about how somehow we need to magic Dundee Utd and whichever "big teams" are struggling at the time, to the top of the tree is nauseating.

I genuinely had a dream last night (which is the reason why I came into this thread), where I was on Sportsound laying into an argument with Willie Miller about clubs being in or out of the top flight on merit.  I was so raging that it woke me up.  :lol:

Miller is the worst for me because he most typifies the old pals' act.  What I dislike most is his blatant lack of research on teams he is commentating on.  Heaven forbid he even has to watch Sportscene to see how teams line up regularly, let alone big teams from outside Scotland.

I think I’ve said it in this thread before but:

- his lack of knowledge is frustrating

- his negativity as soon as a game doesn’t live up to expectations is frustrating

- his ‘big clubs’ mantra is frustrating

- however, I do feel his analysis and knowledge of the game is very good

- he’s willie miller ffs, leave him alone