Sportsound Watch

Maybe the fact he’s not massively popular with Rangers fan for the way he left helps.

Lafferty and Mcgregor left in similar circumstances and they seem popular again.
Maybe Naismith isn't staunch enough for them.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As a fan in Scottish football, I have to listen to this 

But, just like I have to watch any Scottish game on TV, I am drawn to Sportsound for every show, usually on the Podcast.

This is me in a nutshell. It can be the only legitimisation I have for listening to hours and hours on end of Kenny McIntyre and his utter nonsense. 

I actually don't mind David Currie. He's far more tolerable than McIntyre IMO, and is better than Geoff Webster by a fair distance too. 

I particularly liked DC shooting John Hughes down last night when he told Yogi that surely Kenny Miller knew what the script was with the Livi assistant gaffer when he signed up, which left left Yogi with "cough, splutter, aye well". Get it RIGHT roon' ye ya slabbering oaf.

Have you given the Totally Scottish Football podcast a go yet?

8 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

This is me in a nutshell. It can be the only legitimisation I have for listening to hours and hours on end of Kenny McIntyre and his utter nonsense. 

I actually don't mind David Currie. He's far more tolerable than McIntyre IMO, and is better than Geoff Webster by a fair distance too. 

I particularly liked DC shooting John Hughes down last night when he told Yogi that surely Kenny Miller knew what the script was with the Livi assistant gaffer when he signed up, which left left Yogi with "cough, splutter, aye well". Get it RIGHT roon' ye ya slabbering oaf.

I have not. But I’ll give it a listen . Cheers. The David Currie thing for me stems from his awful performances on Saturday afternoon Sportscene when he never seems to know what is happening in matches that are ongoing, and goals can be scored in Scottish matches and they’re just ignored until two to three minutes later. A buffoon in my eyes.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I totally agree with you. As a fan in Scottish football, I have to listen to this, although I know that  most of it is poor quality. Last night’s show was just nothing. It was all about nothing. I agree that Naismith was ok, but he spent the entire hour using nicknames for every player that he mentioned. David Currie is a huge bugbear of mine. He knows so little about Scottish football, he treats everything as a joke and he’s the worst presenter employed by BBC Scotland bar none. But, just like I have to watch any Scottish game on TV, I am drawn to Sportsound for every show, usually on the Podcast.

I am in agreement with the general tone of your post, but can't agree with the highlighted bit as long as Kenny McIntyre is a BBC employee.

8 hours ago, mozam76 said:

What's your issue with Geoff Webster?

By Sportsounds normal standards I thought Steven Naismith turned out to be a pretty reasonable guest last night. He wasn’t helped by being alongside David Currie, Stephen McManus and John Hughes, so the general level of conversation was woeful.
However, I thought Naismith himself was fine. He didn’t offer anything particularly interesting, and probably still doesn’t deserve to be a regular guest, but he was miles ahead of the likes of Commons and Scott McDonald. He seemed happy to talk as much about his time at Hearts, Everton and the national side, as he was about his time with Rangers (unlike most ex-old firm players). Maybe the fact he’s not massively popular with Rangers fan for the way he left helps.
Overall though the podcast was largely pointless, with nothing of any consequence said in an hour long show. David Currie is a woeful host who seems to make light of the actual news (eg Gary Holt agreeing to take over at Livingston) so he can get back to inane chat with his guests. Surely they can find someone in between Kenny Macintyre’s tabloid nonsense and Currie’s borefest?

I totally effing detest Naismith.

Hated him at the *** and thought he was abysmal for Scotland.

But you are 100pc correct. Came across as the polar opposite to how he is on the field.
Very impressed but I hate myself for it.

My issue with Webster isn't that he's a "rugger chap" - far from it. Sportsounds coverage of the rugby is excellent. I just don't think he comes across as someone who wants to be there, when he's done football stuff.

It was excellent last night with Richard Gordon, Tom English, Ian McCall and the Thommohawk. . 

Chick young excelled himself again last night.

Whether or not the ‘jumping out of windows’ banter with Johnny Russell is true or not he completely ruined what was a fairly decent interview with yet another one of his anecdotal fantasies.

Get him to f**k.

I totally effing detest Naismith.

Hated him at the *** and thought he was abysmal for Scotland.

But you are 100pc correct. Came across as the polar opposite to how he is on the field.
Very impressed but I hate myself for it.
I always thought Stevie Naismith was good for Scotland. I remember him being particularly good against Spain at home, in a game we should've got something from (unless I'm mixing games up).

I always thought Stevie Naismith was good for Scotland. I remember him being particularly good against Spain at home, in a game we should've got something from (unless I'm mixing games up).
Came back from 2 down only to lose 3-2 against Spain.

Has anyone ever actually complained to the Beeb about the quality of their broadcasting, I mean its getting worse, there is nothing intresting on the show and just the same old wash ups out a job, McDonald, Commons, Hughs etc etc.

If you have complained did you get a response?

He was superb for Scotland. Not a fucking scooby what G Man is havering on about.

Always turned up and gave his absolute all, scored some good and important goals and a shining light in some poor Scotland teams.

6 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Before this afternoon's programme starts, it's worth remembering that neither Rangers or Celtic are playing until tomorrow.

Let's all see how this pans out shall we?...

Without use of my crystal ball I pretty sure I know the answer. After all there’s European performance to scrutinise. Feck the teams who are actually playing today. Disgraceful but not at all surprising.