Sportsound Watch

12 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I can't be arsed reading the Dundee thread for the last week or so but are fans expecting him to just accept the 6p in the £ or whatever he was offered?

I've got no time for Dodds but that does seem a tad harsh.

He either accepted that or rejected it and got nothing whilst the club was wound up.

There was no option for 'more'.

In any case, he said he done it on 'principle' as opposed to caring about the financial side. Plenty of small businesses were shafted and put under severe threat of going out of business, yet voted in favour. Only he, Chisholm and HMRC voted against. That's not to mention the awful job he and Chisholm were doing. Many fans wanted the pair sacked before Melville pulled the plug. The pair were playing Leigh Griffiths as a winger FFS.

He entirely had the right to vote the way he wanted, but the Dundee fan base that kept the club alive, equally has the right to not want him on the payroll ever again.

28 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I can't be arsed reading the Dundee thread for the last week or so but are fans expecting him to just accept the 6p in the £ or whatever he was offered?

I've got no time for Dodds but that does seem a tad harsh.

He voted to leave thousands of fans without a club to support and leave office staff and others behind the scene - who wouldn't earn in 5 years what he was looking for for 7 months work - without a job.  That would have been a tad harsh on them.

Who cares if it is a tad harsh on him? Life is harsh. He should've looked at the bigger picture, seen how many people his decision would have affected, sucked it up and put it down to a harsh life lesson. 

Frankly, he can cry me a fucking river. 

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He voted to leave thousands of fans without a club to support and leave office staff and others behind the scene - who wouldn't earn in 5 years what he was looking for for 7 months work - without a job.  That would have been a tad harsh on them.

Who cares if it is a tad harsh on him? Life is harsh. He should've looked at the bigger picture, seen how many people his decision would have affected, sucked it up and put it down to a harsh life lesson. 

How many people were affected when Dundee screwed over the creditors not once but twice to the tune of £25 million? How many staff members at other businesses were left without job or lost earnings as a result? And when exactly have Dundee fans ever expressed any degree of remorse or shame for their role in cheerleading their gormless club officials actions every step of the way?

It's laughable to watch you trying to clamber to the moral high ground,  given the cycle of hubris, crocodile tears and 'Deefiant' seethe that occurs during each of your club's now routine cycles of financial cheating and failure. No wonder Dodds despises you; everyone else does as well. 

Edited by vikingTON

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

How many people were affected when Dundee screwed over the creditors not once but twice to the tune of £25 million? How many staff members at other businesses were left without job or lost earnings as a result? And when exactly have Dundee fans ever expressed any degree of remorse or shame for their role in cheerleading their gormless club officials actions every step of the way?

It's laughable to watch you trying to clamber to the moral high ground,  given the cycle of hubris, crocodile tears and 'Deefiant' seethe that occurs during each of your club's now routine cycles of financial cheating and failure. No wonder Dodds despises you; everyone else does as well. 

:lol:

What a lot of fucking shite. 

I heard a wee bit of bbc sportsound tonight and it appeared it was being hosted by Scott Macdonald? Couldn't listen for any more than a few minutes but if he was the host then it has plummeted to depths I didn't think possible. What an absolute shambles from our national broadcaster. 

So admin 2 was the fault of Billy Dodds?

I'm pretty certain he (and Chisholm) would know much more about the decisions that led to that financial meltdown than the average fan - and he voted accordingly.

Just for a second consider yourself agreeing to a tiny percentage of wages for 7 months work (out whatever it was) in order to save others in your company. Anyone that says that's a straightforward decision is a liar.

Like I said, I reckon Dodds is a fanny - but the logic of your argument against him is laughable.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm pretty certain he (and Chisholm) would know much more about the decisions that led to that financial meltdown than the average fan - and he voted accordingly.

Just for a second consider yourself agreeing to a tiny percentage of wages for 7 months work (out whatever it was) in order to save others in your company. Anyone that says that's a straightforward decision is a liar.

Like I said, I reckon Dodds is a fanny - but the logic of your argument against him is laughable.

Why didn't you reply to my argument?

Again, he had the option which was made public before the vote - vote to accept the poor amount on offer or reject it and get nothing. We simply couldn't offer more.

Just consider for a second, plenty of people less well off than Dodds were shafted on a much more significant level and yet still voted to accept this deal. Only three people/businesses voted against. HMRC who opened proceedings and Chisholm and Dodds.

If he rejected it - no-one was saved and he didn't receive a penny more. The question you should be asking, why did he kick off when it was made public which way he voted? Ask yourself, why did he demand creditors to 'save' Rangers in the media when he refused to do so with Dundee years prior?

He's an absolute rodent. I don't hold anywhere near the same distaste for Chisholm as I do Dodds. Dodds actions spoke a thousand words at the time.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Comparing a football club with any other business is ludicrous, but if you want to draw that comparison - if I was voting to refuse a CVA on my own grounds or vote to accept it, as to do otherwise would have a direct negative impact on thousands of others, that's an easy decision for me, but maybe that's just because I'm not a selfish c**t. 

Who said admin 2 was the fault of Billy Dodds? I don't know what you're talking about and I'm not sure you do either. 

What did he stand to gain by putting the club out of business? 

Dundee fans do 10-2 be quite defensive when it comes to their club.

10 hours ago, killiemilan said:

I heard a wee bit of bbc sportsound tonight and it appeared it was being hosted by Scott Macdonald? Couldn't listen for any more than a few minutes but if he was the host then it has plummeted to depths I didn't think possible. What an absolute shambles from our national broadcaster. 

Quite a few random Celtic minded dudes on Off The Ball this Season. 

Had one on Sportsound last night. 

A Golf Caddy who was a Clydebank fan who turned to Sellik when the Bankies went bust. 

Surprised he didn't stick with them when they reformed in the Juniors. 

He did state that he had a Celtic themed full name though.