Sportsound Watch

21 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Smith went up in my estimation after watching this. What's most satisfying is any intelligent 'journalist' would have given up on this interview as it was clear Smith was giving no change to any question. The wee fud is so thick he thinks he can spin it round to achieve a result and digs himself depper into the myre. This interview should have finished him and it's a mystery why he still gets work. On saying that Alan Preston is still receiving a paycheck.

Somewhere in Chicks thoughts is the question  he really didnt have the balls to ask...if the Rangers squad was littered with all these high quality players why did they always fail? Is there a problem with the seemingly untouchable manager that they continually fell at some fence in Europe season after season. But he was never going to ask that. 

Edited by rainbowrising

I'm going to say it.............. Chick Young.......... he seems like a decent guy.

Nope....... he is an invertebrate when it comes to asking serious questions. As with most of his BBC Scotland comrades, who have their noses in the Pacific Quay trough and their mouths around the OF boaby.

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Nope....... he is an invertebrate when it comes to asking serious questions. As with most of his BBC Scotland comrades, who have their noses in the Pacific Quay trough and their mouths around the OF boaby.

Not in dispute, but even still, he strikes me as an alright guy. 

Guess this weekend will be the final heartsfest programme after umpteen weeks of completely unbalanced crap from sportsound.

Dont want to think what the line up will be but it wouldnt surprise me if Deans and MP lol Murray are starters. 

A disgraceful spell for this effort.

Chick Young is the only one willing to put his head above the parapet and disagree with people live on air. It's an admirable quality. Shame his views are more often than not equally ridiculous.

He called out Tom English (I think) early on in the Hearts saga. And who can forget him being the only one willing to stand up to Jabba when he was in his, 'I'm leaving so calling you all c***s' phase.

Edited by Ludo*1

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Chick Young is the only one willing to put his head above the parapet and disagree with people live on air. It's an admirable quality. Shame his views are more often than not equally ridiculous.

He called out Tom English (I think) early on in the Hearts saga. And who can forget him being the only one willing to stand up to Jabba when he was in his, 'I'm leaving so calling you all c***s' phase.

That really brings home what a dishonest, unpleasant bully Traynor is.

Chick Young 's biggest crime is that he's a bit of a tit.  He's not the genuinely malevolent presence that some others can be though.

Pretty sure Young was the only one who stood up for McGregor and Gilmour when guys like Richard Gordon was outing himself as a fully paid up mouthpiece for Milne and Lawell over the 8/8/8 fiasco.

8 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Chick was also the only one who could see that Gretna was nothing more than a giant scam, somehow every fan in scotland could see it even Chick could see it and yet the utter arselicking that a group of mercenaries got on Sportsound and in the rest of the media was shameful.

Yep. Everyone was ejaculating over them because they ‘showed ambition’. Which for Scottish football pundits and the press means spend as much money as you can without your means and get some rich loser to write it all off.

12 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Chick was also the only one who could see that Gretna was nothing more than a giant scam, somehow every fan in scotland could see it even Chick could see it and yet the utter arselicking that a group of mercenaries got on Sportsound and in the rest of the media was shameful.

Are you sure?

I remember Young being one of the most guilty when it came to the 'fairy tale' crap. 

His tune might have changed later on it - I don't know.  When they started acquiring good players and ascending the divisions though, I'm certain that Chick Young was a leading cheerleader, completely buying into Mileson's rubbish.  I remember him particularly raving about the club when they hosted Dundee United in a cup tie.

If he saw through them at some point, it represented a Damascene conversion.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

The thing about Chick Young is that he isn't duplicitous. He can be a bit too chummy, a cheeky chappy persona that is a tad grating, but never duplicitous.

I don't think he has the intelligence to be duplicitous.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think he has the intelligence to be duplicitous.

A tad unfair. To paraphrase CJ, he didn't get to where he is today with being stupid.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

The thing about Chick Young is that he isn't duplicitous. He can be a bit too chummy, a cheeky chappy persona that is a tad grating, but never duplicitous.

Does he not have an ex-partner or two who would beg to differ?

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Does he not have an ex-partner or two who would beg to differ?

As in personal relationships? No idea. It would take a brave person to suggest they've been the perfect partner though.