Sportsound Watch

The overreacting to Tom English on Sportsound is something else. He spoke fine today and whilst Donald Findlay had a dig, I thought both Findlay and Cameron shot themselves in the foot when English brought up reconstruction. 

The point about bringing in one person to run the leagues was interesting idea, therefore making the current voting structure defunct. Would solve a lot of issues but undoubtedly create a whole host of others. 

1 minute ago, The-coo-shed said:

The overreacting to Tom English on Sportsound is something else. He spoke fine today and whilst Donald Findlay had a dig, I thought both Findlay and Cameron shot themselves in the foot when English brought up reconstruction. 

The point about bringing in one person to run the leagues was interesting idea, therefore making the current voting structure defunct. Would solve a lot of issues but undoubtedly create a whole host of others. 

Pish.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Donald Findlay is surprisingly good patter

Wouldn’t turn down a pint with the *** c**t 

He was at a sportsman's dinner i was involved with.  He was an ignoramus and strutted around spouting pish long before he was due to speak post-dinner.

He's never been invited back - and never will be.

Listening to it at the moment and Tom English has definitely been told to soften his stance. That is the first time I've heard him being that frank about Hearts.

Donald Findlay quite rightly showed him up (again). I'm no fan of his, been cross examined by him in High Court due to a previous role at my employer (expert witness) and thought him a pompous arse. But both podcasts he has been on he has come across very well.

I do think Tom English though is still flogging a dead horse and I thought he was again similar to some visiting posters to here in saying the.same things but not putting anything of actual substance forward.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Listening to it at the moment and Tom English has definitely been told to soften his stance. That is the first time I've heard him being that frank about Hearts.
Donald Findlay quite rightly should him up (again). I'm fan of his, been cross examined by him in High Court due to a previous role at my employer (expert witness) and thought him a pompous arse. But both podcasts he has been on he has come across very well.
I do think Tom English though is still flogging a dead horse and I thought he was again similar to some visiting posters to here in saying the.same things but not putting anything of actual substance forward.
The BBC will be fed up of dealing with complaints about him.

3 hours ago, The-coo-shed said:

Hi Tom, hiya pal

4 hours ago, The-coo-shed said:

I only got 75% of the way through, however, today and every other day he has mentioned reconstruction being the answer he has NEVER explained how you get to get to it without someone losing out. If anyone HAS to lose out then the clubs at the bottom of their respective divisions are the unfortunate ones - no one else. 

5 hours ago, The-coo-shed said:

Peter Lawell already has the gig.

Amirite?

5 hours ago, The-coo-shed said:

One person?! That is the claim aimed at Doncaster now as evidence of a conspiracy despite clubs voting significant majorities. One person could never represent the views of such a wide group that's why it's a member based structure. Not remotely a valid idea.

I see this is based on things like the NFL. Well this 'one person in charge' is actually structured like this...

"The league does this by leading through consensus, but acting decisively when it’s in the best interest of the game.

It starts at the top, with the Executive Committee and the commissioner.

The Executive Committee includes one representative — an owner or top officer — from each of the league’s 32 clubs. Any change in game rules, league policy or club ownership or other modification to the game must be approved by at least three-fourths of the committee. Without consensus, nothing will pass.

As the league’s chief executive, the commissioner has a great deal of influence. But he still must answer to the owners, who by executive committee vote have the power to remove him."

Aye, one person right enough.

Edited by rainbowrising

59 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I only got 75% of the way through, however, today and every other day he has mentioned reconstruction being the answer he has NEVER explained how you get to get to it without someone losing out. If anyone HAS to lose out then the clubs at the bottom of their respective divisions are the unfortunate ones - no one else. 

Not been on Pie and Bovril for fecking ages, so apologies if I'm spouting the same shite that's been around, but how would a reconstructed league of 14-10-10-10 have any losers? Everyone gets promoted, no-one relegated and you still get 4 Old firm games coveted by Sky. 

On a different note, sportsound is good when it actually removes itself from the Old Firm. The Tommy Wright episode was great, the one on Monday with John Hartson was just awful

1 hour ago, The-coo-shed said:

Not been on Pie and Bovril for fecking ages, so apologies if I'm spouting the same shite that's been around, but how would a reconstructed league of 14-10-10-10 have any losers? Everyone gets promoted, no-one relegated and you still get 4 Old firm games coveted by Sky. 

On a different note, sportsound is good when it actually removes itself from the Old Firm. The Tommy Wright episode was great, the one on Monday with John Hartson was just awful

A stupid split after only 26 games pretty much ruling January transfer window out for trying for Europe. Too many meaningless games for those in 7/8 place, a lot of the bottom 8 £350000 worse off and potential of 3 teams being relegated when it reverted back to 12-10-10-10. Which was the basics of the main complaints

Edited by Tannadeechee

6 minutes ago, The-coo-shed said:

Football should have losers though.

My main takeaway came right at the end when English was almost grovelling at the tough situation the clubs found themselves. 

"You have enough on your plate to deal with without having to engage in all this other chaos you have found yourself in."

Earlier in the show, he was bleating on about how PT & HMFC were justified in doing what they are doing in taking it to court and as a result potentially causing the same clubs he had 'sympathy' for a great deal of financial pain.

He also hilariously said if HMFC & PT are successful and reinstated, he would then be outraged and banging the drum for the unfairness dealt to CR, RR & DU.

Almost as if you just have to be outraged at a fictional villian to create some publicity for yourself, you utter moron.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

35 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

The podcast today was excellent . For once English was challenged on the nonsense line he has been spouting for 4 months and he was flapping. 

Donald Findlay handed both English and Levein their arses when they were 2 on 1 with him on the podcast a few weeks back, so having Cameron with him today, they fucking breezed it. Was great to hear more than the “it’s just so unfair for Hearts” from the usual Jambo sympathisers and sycophants they usually pollute the airwaves with. 

Good to have things a bit more balanced for a change.

Thoughts on yesterday:

- Either English has been told to take his foot off the pedal or he's trying to shift the goalposts by claiming his main concern is Partick and not Hearts, who now apparently deserve their fate. He's fooling no one claiming he's never been championing Hearts cause here.

- He embarrassed himself when he announced himself as a 'champion of fairness' and that if Hearts & Partick Thistle win he'll be even more angry on behalf of the promoted clubs. What a ridiculous position to take. He had two chairmen on who told him quite frankly that reconstruction was never going to happen through a vote, and the SPFL couldn't force it through. So even in light of that, Tom is going to stamp his feet at whatever the outcome is of ending the leagues then? All he proved is that we should all be grateful he doesn't run Scottish football.

- As amusing as it is to hear Donald Findlay actively bored by Tom's whining, I don't find him likeable in the slightest.

Why is Tom English on EVERY show? Could cope with him normally but his constant ramblings. 

Quite happy to claim over 70% isnt a telling majority but still saying reconstruction should have happened despite it being backed by less than a handful of clubs. He even claimed the majority of clubs wanted reconstruction. Total contradictory!!! The votes say otherwise.

Ignoring the facts... 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.