Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We;; they're absolutely a better team. What makes a club bigger?

In what way are they "absolutely a better team"? Rangers made it further in the Europa League than any French team managed - the only ones still in Europe are PSG and Lyon. None of the Ligue 1 teams even made it to the knockout stages.

Rennes finished ahead of Lille in the table this season, but were comprehensively beaten by Celtic in the Europa League and finished bottom of their group. Strasbourg were knocked out in the qualifying rounds by Eintracht Frankfurt. St Etienne failed to win a single game in a group containing Wolfsburg, Gent and something called "Oleksandriya".

You can add to that the fact that Lille average something like 15k fans a week less than Rangers (despite having similar sized stadiums), have absolutely no history of domestic or European success, and have a much smaller international profile. All of those are things which make Lille a smaller club than Rangers.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You can add to that the fact that Lille average something like 15k fans a week less than Rangers (despite having similar sized stadiums), have absolutely no history of domestic or European success, and have a much smaller international profile. All of those are things which make Lille a smaller club than Rangers.

Much like Sevco then.

Although it's pretty meaningless, I would concur that Sevco are the 'bigger' club.

In what way are they "absolutely a better team"? Rangers made it further in the Europa League than any French team managed - the only ones still in Europe are PSG and Lyon. None of the Ligue 1 teams even made it to the knockout stages.
Rennes finished ahead of Lille in the table this season, but were comprehensively beaten by Celtic in the Europa League and finished bottom of their group. Strasbourg were knocked out in the qualifying rounds by Eintracht Frankfurt. St Etienne failed to win a single game in a group containing Wolfsburg, Gent and something called "Oleksandriya".
Have Lille been trading whilst insolvent for the past 8 years ?
Did Lille partake in European competition after fraudulently obtaining a UEFA licence ?
Do Lille owe their existence to religious intolerance and hatred.?
Etc., etc.,............

23 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Have Lille been trading whilst insolvent for the past 8 years ?
Did Lille partake in European competition after fraudulently obtaining a UEFA licence ?
Do Lille owe their existence to religious intolerance and hatred.?
Etc., etc.,............

Is it possible that you could maybe avoid polluting literally every thread on the forum with this incoherent shite?

Is it possible that you could maybe avoid polluting literally every thread on the forum with this incoherent shite?
As far as I'm aware, nothing in my post is incorrect / but obviously I'll be happy to be corrected by a sanctimonious, precious know-it-all such as yourself.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Last paragraph is the type of nonsense fans on forums and twitter care about. Players couldn't care less. He'll be playing in a better standard of league which increases his profile and potential earnings. That is all he cares about. That's the bigger club for him and the romantic view we as fans have.

Lille were in the champions league so they were already at a higher level than Rangers. Do you think Rangers would have walked away from the group with a point?

If you want to play mental gymnastics (second paragraph) then Dembele who was miles ahead of any player in Scotland only plays for the 7th best team in France.

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Last paragraph is the type of nonsense fans on forums and twitter care about. Players couldn't care less. He'll be playing in a better standard of league which increases his profile and potential earnings. That is all he cares about. That's the bigger club for him and the romantic view we as fans have.

Lille were in the champions league so they were already at a higher level than Rangers. Do you think Rangers would have walked away from the group with a point?

If you want to play mental gymnastics (second paragraph) then Dembele who was miles ahead of any player in Scotland only plays for the 7th best team in France.

That's literally what I said in my post. It doesn't make Lille a bigger club though.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

As far as I'm aware, nothing in my post is incorrect / but obviously I'll be happy to be corrected by a sanctimonious, precious know-it-all such as yourself.

I'd say almost everything in your post is incorrect. If Rangers had genuinely been trading while insolvent for eight years then I'd have expected them to have been subject to some form of investigation or legal action by now. They haven't.

If Rangers fraudulently obtained a UEFA license then they would have been punished by UEFA by now. They haven't.

Rangers supporters certainly participate in religious intolerance and hatred and in some instances the club tacitly encourages it, but they do not owe their existence to it. I would say that Celtic and Hibernian probably owe their existence to these things given that suffering from these things in Scotland was the driving force behind the creation of both clubs. This is not the case for Rangers.

Finally, and most crucially, the use of "............" in your post is definitely incorrect. Ellipsis requires only three dots.

I think the more important point, regardless of which club is 'bigger' or what determines the 'size' of a club, is that moving to Lille in Ligue 1 is definitely a step up for any player in the SPFL Premiership. 

It is quite obviously a higher level of football, that they would need to step up to. 

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I didn't realise I had to preface every single one of my posts with "in my opinion" for it to be clear that what I posted was my opinion.

Well you're a Scottish journalist after all aren't you? Would be handy to know.

Kenny McIntyre today sounding incredulous that Morelos could consider walking away from the chance to stop Celtic winning their precious 10(*) in a row. The guy is from Columbia, has no affiliations with Rangers history, probably didn’t even know of their existence until they bought him, and obviously doesn’t really give a shit about Scottish football. Some people can’t accept that, outwith Scotland, nobody really cares too much about our football. 

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Kenny McIntyre today sounding incredulous that Morelos could consider walking away from the chance to stop Celtic winning their precious 10(*) in a row. The guy is from Columbia, has no affiliations with Rangers history, probably didn’t even know of their existence until they bought him, and obviously doesn’t really give a shit about Scottish football. Some people can’t accept that, outwith Scotland, nobody really cares too much about our football. 

That would make sense if Morelos could score against Celtic.

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was a dreadful podcast.

Opened with 'we have LOADS to cover today'. Aye right enough, Morelos, Griffiths, 10 in a row.

So many ridiculous OF-esque cliche's as well.

"IF Rangers can be consistent and win OF games, they are title contenders"

Stunning stuff.

10 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Who's tuning in tomorrow to hear Tom English cry like a wee fucking bitch? 

🙋

Since the decision yesterday interesting that the BBC Sport Chief Sports 'Writer'  has not written anything or tweeted about the subject he has had a lot to say about for the last 4 months. Funny that.